• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
BF4 is broken on both Mantle and DX11 for me on 15.4. Stuttering has completely gone but it is now flickering really badly, hurts my eyes. Anyone else getting the weird flickering corruption in BF4?

Matt: Do you mind seeing if your having this issue?

Last edited:

Mei

Mei

Soldato
mmmm free <3
am i stupid for not know wot CHS means?

btw if any1 still need a HOTS key i got some spare
im guessing not many moba fans on here tho

Soldato
Credit where credit is due AMD, well done for getting a driver ready and released on time for such a big game release.

Great to see crossfire included for those that have spent even more money on AMD hardware.

Soldato
Cracking performance from the RED team so far...

Afterburner is reporting 1000.04 FPS on the download screen and that is before updating to BETA drivers.

Unless the update doubles that framerate I won't be happy!!!!!!

:p

Soldato
A driver very quickly following the last, and showing a good list of improvements to games people actually play (well, I do). Welcome back AMD's normal service, I'm really glad our faith in your return wasn't unfounded. :)

Now, to find that download link - I'm now running something with a lower version number than I could be, and that's simply not on!!!

EDIT - Also Matt, don't forget to add the 15.4 driver into the second post mate. Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Credit where credit is due AMD, well done for getting a driver ready and released on time for such a big game release.

Great to see crossfire included for those that have spent even more money on AMD hardware.

Yeah, great for those who have an interest in the game...

Why do the rest of us have to wait for half a year after release for some games?

At least it sounds like far cry 4 might actually be working properly now...

If the 980ti was out now I'd probably be all over it.

Soldato
FINALLY Far Cry 4 works in crossfire! lol....so why didn't it work in crossfire before then? I mean the last driver was supposed to have a Far Cry 4 crossfire but it was the exact same in single card and crossfire for me... with these new drivers im finally getting crossfire scaling and nearly double the FPS.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
are frames pretty bad in elite without crossfire?
ive only watched a stream of it for a little while but wasnt quite as boring as i expected :)

Soldato
are frames pretty bad in elite without crossfire?
ive only watched a stream of it for a little while but wasnt quite as boring as i expected :)

It's fine on a single 290 running at 4680x1080 ( mixed res triple screen ) for most of the time.

Just bogs down a bit in asteroid belts to around 35-40fps, but it's still very playable.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
It's fine on a single 290 running at 4680x1080 ( mixed res triple screen ) for most of the time.

Just bogs down a bit in asteroid belts to around 35-40fps, but it's still very playable.

ah the people waiting on a profile better hope thats not cpu limited then
or they will be waiting a long time for not much gain ><

40fps isnt that harsh, try some reign of kings 10...5fps on any card you can mention!! haha and it doesnt even look good! ><

Associate
Hello,

We know everyone’s been eagerly awaiting the launch of this game on PC, so have we – our latest AMD Catalyst driver is locked and loaded, ready for download to enable the best possible experience for Radeon users playing GTA V on the PC. We hope you have a ton of fun with it!

yDCnzP9.jpg

Click here to download the driver.

Driver Highlights:

New Crossfire Profiles for:
Dirt 4
Galactic Civilizations III
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Mortal Kombat X
Sleeping Dogs : Definitive Edition

Improved Crossfire Profiles updates for:
Battlefield Hardline
Dying Light
Far Cry 4
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite V3

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

Please make sure to read the Feature Highlights and the Known Issues sections to learn more about this version of the driver and use the Issue Reporting Form to report any bugs – Thank you!

Resolved Issues:
Battlefield 4: A memory leak may be experienced on certain AMD Radeon GPU's
Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on first launch when in High Performance Mode
Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on launch on certain AMD graphics products
Far Cry 4: Stuttering may be experienced with custom settings when run in AMD Crossfire mode
Far Cry 4: Screen tearing may be experienced even after enabling vsync

Known Issues:
Far Cry 4 : A game crash may be experienced when switching between windowed and full screen mode
Far Cry 4 : Flickering may be experienced in the in-game cinematics when launched in landscape SLS mode
Youtube : Random block corruption may be experience with simultaneous 1080p video streams
Youtube : Microsoft Internet Explorer may crash if exited while Youtube sessions are ongoing
Battlefield Hardline: Corruption / stutter may be experienced while changing resolution with vsync enabled
Battlefield Hardline: Broken glass may flicker during gameplay
Dirt 4 : Poor performance may be experienced in some configurations
Monitors may switch off when changing orientation from portrait SLS to landscape SLS
Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes : The game may crash when run at lower resolutions in windowed mode
Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition : The game may not run on certain Kaveri platforms when High Performance mode is enabled
A manual installation (via inf) may fail on certain R9 295X2 configurations

AMD is currently working with Techland to resolve the following issue
Distant objects may flicker in Dying Light when AA is enabled in AMD Crossfire mode. As a workaround, users may disable AMD Crossfire mode if this issue is impacting their game experience.

AMD is currently working with NetherRealm Studios to resolve the following issue
Flickering is sometimes observed on a small number of surfaces in Mortal Combat X when using AMD Crossfire. As a work around, users may disable AMD Crossfire mode if this issue is impacting their game experience.

that driver good for my lappy AMD 8970m ??

cheers

Back
Top Bottom