***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Caporegime
I had no problems doing heists with randoms last week and none of us used mics or even used the chat box :p I only had to redo a couple once or twice with them and this was on hard.

Of course it will make things easier but it isn't "essential" imo.

Just need to be aware of what the other players are doing.

Same here. I use FP view as it's better for shooting and like you say, more immersive. I switch to 3rd person when in a vehicle.

I can't decide on which view to use for vehicles! 3rd PV is definitely better for seeing more around you especially when going over hills but, in first person view, the engine of the vehicles sound so much better, I find it much easier to conrol the car and do tight turns etc. and again more immersive, my "back" button will be worn out soon! :p

They're a good bunch on TS. Always a good laugh and I reckon most of us would have given up on BF4 months ago if it weren't for the banter and craic on TS. Except 'the one who doesn't speak'. Watch out for him/her/it.

No they aren't! They are the worst possible bunch of people ever especially that guy called Tess. on TS, avoid him at all costs!

:p

Soldato
My god how badly was the online stuff implemented. Loving the idea of the heists and the setups but kicking you out and making the guy have to re-invite you again is just stupid, why not give the crew an option to quit or stay like all the other jobs?

Spent most of Sunday trying to do heists, just joining them as a crew member really.. so I accept an invite (loading screen) "do you want to change your aim blah blah" *yes* (Loading screen) "oh its full, do you want to queue?" *No* (loading screen)..

Why doesn't it check or reserve a spot before trying to load you in? I spent more time on the loading in and out then I did actually doing setups/heists

If its not that then its the people who drop out after 1 failed attempt...or a few who want to get everyone in the car and just run everyone over (Airfield clearing).

Everyone in armored cars also = zzzz. Takes away any fun imo, although its funny to be in a super car and speed away from them :)

Soldato
Yeah online is a bit annoying, we do closed friend sessions for it to make it easier seems to work alright doing that rather not do it with pugs as they never seem up to scratch anyway although the odd one or two have been alright

My main gripe with online is if my friends and I are doing private races at some point some randomer will get in the game AND get host ability so we all leave and have to restart over

armored car is love! Used to get ganked so often just having a drive around with some buddies, now we can drive around only having to worry about sticky bombs and homing launchers

Associate
Anyone game for doing the Prison Break heist tonight? I'll be hosting it from around 7 PM.

Dude, were you trying to do this lastnight as well? I think I joined your game (DJ_Bucho) and there was a random level 4 guy who joined as well. Level 4 wouldn't ready up because he had the lowest cut of money, lol. I'm sure I recognise your username.

Last edited:
Soldato
My main gripe with online is if my friends and I are doing private races at some point some randomer will get in the game AND get host ability so we all leave and have to restart over.

I think this happens when after a race your crew select a race which is already being hosted by someone else, at which point it moves you all to the other session.

Associate
Not played for a week, now trying to play and the game crashes on load half the time and if I do get in it will crash at the end of a mission or after a couple of minutes running around :S

any ideas?

got a 7990 and game was fine on the first few days.

I would be interested to know whether anyone has a fix for this too as I am suffering from the same problem.

I have a 7990 too. (15.4 drivers)

I have a 7990 and have no problem playing the game, also using 15.4 drivers and using a steam copy of GTA.

Could some of the game files need fixing?

Associate
Dude, were you trying to do this lastnight as well? I think I joined your game (DJ_Bucho) and there was a random level 4 guy who joined as well. Level 4 wouldn't ready up because he had the lowest cut of money, lol. I'm sure I recognise your username.

I wasn't online last night! There are apparently a few UberGinge's on RSC, but I am the only one without numbers! Damn posers.

Caporegime
My god how badly was the online stuff implemented. Loving the idea of the heists and the setups but kicking you out and making the guy have to re-invite you again is just stupid, why not give the crew an option to quit or stay like all the other jobs?

Spent most of Sunday trying to do heists, just joining them as a crew member really.. so I accept an invite (loading screen) "do you want to change your aim blah blah" *yes* (Loading screen) "oh its full, do you want to queue?" *No* (loading screen)..

Why doesn't it check or reserve a spot before trying to load you in? I spent more time on the loading in and out then I did actually doing setups/heists

If its not that then its the people who drop out after 1 failed attempt...or a few who want to get everyone in the car and just run everyone over (Airfield clearing).

Everyone in armored cars also = zzzz. Takes away any fun imo, although its funny to be in a super car and speed away from them :)

we all said this the day online came out on console.

Its still exactly the same years later. Don't hold out on it changing any time soon :(

The problem is that the lobbys are hosted on dedicated servers, the races, missions, heists etc.. appear to be peer to peer.

Plus the other problem is that if you stayed in the same lobby when on a mission / heist, most lobbys would be empty with the space in that lobby held until they finished the race / mission and came back out. You could have the missions / races in the same free roam, but then people would be stumbling over you and messing with your race / mission. So you have to have them separate, but how do you keep the online free roam lobbies with people in it if you have to reserve that space for people to come back into ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Part of me really wants a police chase to cut through the golf course while I'm playing the 2nd shot on the 4th hole, trying to avoid the police chopper and the tank that's just crossed the fairway :D

Soldato
Plus the other problem is that if you stayed in the same lobby when on a mission / heist, most lobbys would be empty with the space in that lobby held until they finished the race / mission and came back out. You could have the missions / races in the same free roam, but then people would be stumbling over you and messing with your race / mission. So you have to have them separate, but how do you keep the online free roam lobbies with people in it if you have to reserve that space for people to come back into ?

For the reserve space I mean it kinda like this:

1. Your driving around in free mode and you get a text invite
2. You accept the invite and it reserves 1/4 slot for you (doesn't put you in the lobby etc).
3. Your still driving around in free mode while 2 other people accept
4. Everyone accepts and the host clicks go
5. joins you into the spot you reserved.

Means no-one apart from the guy setting it up is really waiting/losing time, obviously that's a rough idea and would need to be tweaked for people with police stars etc.

At least it saves me wasting 10minutes waiting with the host only for him to quit it cause he got fed up.

Man of Honour

I spent all of sunday like this too...really irritating! Nearly the level required to run my own heists...that is what I will be doing from now on tbh.

Back
Top Bottom