***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Stock game definitely has no AA running, sweetFX just looks the same, just with AA, and AF (sharper distant textures, or because of some disabled blur like DoF) ?

Do you have a comparison with the stock game using TXAA + FXAA ?

Is txaa not only enabled when msaa is and disabled with fxaa?

I posted screenshots on the previous page of settings on very high/ultra - with fsaa on, mxaa off with and without sweetfx if that helps?

Soldato
How the hell do you swim up? I was doing the prison break heist finale last night with some randoms and I flupping drowned after parachuting into the water.

Man of Honour
I have yet to play online, do I need to do anything special to be able to pay with regulars? I imagine my character will be fairly basic to start with, maybe I can rob someone of their weapons and cash to get a head start?

That sounds amazing actually, some poor sap sat there wondering wtf :D

Soldato
I have yet to play online, do I need to do anything special to be able to pay with regulars? I imagine my character will be fairly basic to start with, maybe I can rob someone of their weapons and cash to get a head start?

You just need to go online to get started, you can then find a session with crew members active. You'll level up quite quickly if you do some missons, races etc, and joining a heist with crewmembers should get you some good money and RP. I need to get on the TS channel actually as I've just been using in game VOIP which isn't great.

Soldato
Anyone find when they are driving online the game kind of stutters - like slows down and speeds up again? I can only assume its some kind of lag introduced by the P2P architecture as I don't seem to get it in SP...

Caporegime
Stock game definitely has no AA running, sweetFX just looks the same, just with AA, and AF (sharper distant textures, or because of some disabled blur like DoF) ?

Do you have a comparison with the stock game using TXAA + FXAA ?

DOF is turned on for both of those, at least I think it was :p

This is another sweetfx config but both have in game FXAA turned on:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28021266&postcount=42

Here is another comparison using wunkley's, no in game AA turned on for these:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28022050&postcount=60

I did a comparison of FXAA on and off a few days ago (just default, no sweetfx):

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28007278&highlight=username_nexus18#post28007278

Soldato
Did some races last night, finally started winning a few :D

Catchup is the worst thing ever! In the lead you can feel your car slowing down by loads as the 2nd place guy gets ever closer... :rolleyes:

I mean I don't mind it on for people who are way back in 8th, 10th etc but it's bad when you're in 1st and you're being caught like you're going backwards.

Soldato
Just host the races and turn catchup off?

ALthough I quite like it, as if you mess up you aren't out the race - you still have a chance to win.

Soldato
Just host the races and turn catchup off?

ALthough I quite like it, as if you mess up you aren't out the race - you still have a chance to win.

If there's an easy way to guarantee getting host of a race, I've yet to hear it...

It seems to be random as to who it picks, an then next race it'll merge lobbies and pick a new host.

Soldato

Did you get the pre order bonus? That would give you a headstart :)

Literally just jump in and get crackin although to try prevent getting annoyed with random disconnecting etc jump on TS -official or unofficial and we can get some heists/races or anything setup with the crew.

You just need to go online to get started, you can then find a session with crew members active. You'll level up quite quickly if you do some missons, races etc, and joining a heist with crewmembers should get you some good money and RP. I need to get on the TS channel actually as I've just been using in game VOIP which isn't great.

I'm on every night and will now be on TS each night as well. Have put a lot of hours in the last few days due to having a few half days at work! Levelling up quick with lots of money :D

Back
Top Bottom