• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
So I am having a new problem with Project cars. It seems starting pcars.exe or pcars64.exe does not always activate CrossfireX on my computer.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the 15.4 betas but the problem still seems to occur. I have CCC set to bring up the Xfire logo when crossfire is working and I am also using afterburner to monitor the second card usage.

Sometimes it will use crossfire, others it will just use the one card! I have tried making a custom profile in CCC to force Xfire to no avail. Any ideas?

Soldato
Nowt is going to happen today, they are entitled to bank holidays as well you know :)

Must be nice to be able to afford to say...."this game isn't optimised yet I'm going to blow £300 on another card that works better..."

Maybe I am just too forgiving :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Nowt is going to happen today, they are entitled to bank holidays as well you know :)

Must be nice to be able to afford to say...."this game isn't optimised yet I'm going to blow £300 on another card that works better..."

Maybe I am just too forgiving :p

Is it a bank holiday in the US too though? As that's where the drivers are developed.

Soldato
If AMD don't get a driver out for crossfire users this week then I can see a lot of AMD users just calling it a day and getting a 980/970.

You mean SLI 980/970 otherwise there is no real benefit as that's comparing apple to oranges when it comes to single GPUs and multi GPUs.
Because i see comments that when i went from multi GPU from one brand to a single card the other brand and had less issues when the fact is if you went to a single GPU of the brand you already had you would have also had less issues.

As far as single GPUs the 980 is the only one with in reason if users think the performance is worth the cost over a 290x and being so close to the launch of the 3xx is not wise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, that's almost a given I would think.

I'd be surprised if we saw drivers next week.

I won't be surprised if there is **** all for elite in the next drivers.

Bunch of muppets...

About elite dangerous have you spoken to the devs on there forum or customer support? Not sticking up for AMD here just wondering. From what I understand crossfire worked fine before elite dangerous release version 1.07

Mei

Mei

Soldato
you have a funny idea of whats funny :)

you think there will ever be a day when drivers wont need to be released for every major game?
seems a bit backward to me, and like something from the 90's
im hoping new windows could modernise some of this stuff but i doubt it...
just thinking out loud lol

Back
Top Bottom