Mad Max: Fury Road

Caporegime
its called an opinion, mine of the film is very bad and im not alone.

You are entitled to say you don't like the film, but a statement that says people who likes it have not watched enough good action movie is ridiculous. Yes, you are not alone, 2% of the critic and 10% of the population.

It is a ridiculous statement because these critics would undoubtedly watched more movies than anyone of us, that is their job. So to say they haven't watched enough action movies is not an opinion, it is a silly statement.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cracking film, action film of the year for me (so far). Be intersting to see where Miller takes it next as Tom Hardy has signed for a 4 film deal apparently.

Soldato
Saw this on the weekend and absolutely loved it.
Normally I hate films that are hyped up and loved as they can never live up, but this was great.

Caporegime
Cracking film, action film of the year for me (so far). Be intersting to see where Miller takes it next as Tom Hardy has signed for a 4 film deal apparently.

According to Wikipedia the sequels will be prequels :p

But yeah, it's supposed to be about Immortan Joe and his little empire - the guy who played him is signed on for more films as well.

Soldato
I haven't watched it but the comment from my friend who has seen it was simply ' The film is stupid, they spend the first half trying to escape and the second half trying to get back in'

He didn't seem impressed

Caporegime
What a let down this was. A genuinely terrible film. How it's been rated so highly is beyond me. I almost walked out of the cinema about an hour in. Dreadful.

Ditto, as I already posted. Occasionally a film comes along that is a consistently over-rated turd on a massive wave of critical hype... just as occasionally masterpiece films come along to a critical panning and fly completely under the radar.

People are entirely entitled to their own opinion, and I am sure many of the people love the movie also love many great and classic action movies, but if you take away the gloss then you are left with possibly to most ridiculously written and delivered script of any big budget action flick from the last decade, and possibly the most senseless plot to boot. I was literally appalled, as were my mates, and all of the people within earshot of where we were sitting. People were literally laughing out loud in a "hah wtf" kind of way.

You're half right. The milking is part of the system they're trying to destroy, so that fits. Their appearance just about fits, in the vein of eugenics and choosing the most attractive people as breeding stock. The way they dress and he washing is a bit ropey, though, as that crosses over into how they're presented to the audience for our enjoyment, at which point the form starts to be at odds with the content.

Yeah... thats why his sons are polar opposite deformed monsters... one a twisted midget and one a hulking moron. Selective breeding at work... :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah... thats why his sons are polar opposite deformed monsters... one a twisted midget and one a hulking moron. Selective breeding at work... :p

Weren't the rulers of Gastown and the Bulletfarmers also related to him? I thought that the Bullet Farmer called him daddy if I didn't mishear it although the other ruler called him brother but in both cases they could have been referencing it as an honorific I suppose.

It could still make sense as a theory if the selective breeding is trying to counter that Immortan Joe cannot have normal offspring due to the nuclear war. However that might be reading too much into it.

I enjoyed the film as a very silly couple of hours worth of entertainment, then again I also enjoyed Doomsday in the same way so make of that what you will.

Associate
I don't see how it was a Mad Max film, he doesn't talk for half an hour and when he does it's to say "That's my jacket". I mean seriously? To me he did an average job of supporting Charlize Theron, and she was brilliant. Imperator Furiosa was the best character in the film. Action sequences were great though.

Soldato
I'd never been to see a film at the cinema more than once, and never been to the cinema on my own until this film. Seen it three times now and I haven't been bored for one minute.

I was quite a big fan of MM1 & MM2 and have really been looking forward to it, was dreading being disappointed and so glad I wasn't.

It's not perfect but it nearly is in my opinion. Very nearly.

Associate
Don't think it quite lived up to the hype, really enjoyed it but no where near the visceral brutality of 'The Road Warrior'. Not convinced by Tom Hardy and his accent either, which is a shame because I rate him. The Cirque du Soleil style attacks were a little bit daft as well.

I'd like to think they make the next two films an 18 certificate and go brutal with more of a storyline. Didn't really feel like I was in a post apocalyptic world, scrapping for survival. It was all a bit too 'clean'.

Back
Top Bottom