• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Well, cancelled my 2 x MSI that didn't get dispatched.

Getting cold feet now.

One part of me thinking, just give AMD a little longer, one part thinking wait for these to drop price, one part looking to jsut get 970 SLI again as temporary , and one part of me looking at a couple of Titan X's I can get tomorrow.

Though Titan X money is utterly insane for how much gaming I get to do. And just feel we have been on 28nm so long, is almost wrong to be spending that on current gen.

Man, Can almost get two 980 TI's for a titan X. Think of the value for moneh!

Associate
I want one of these cards to upgrade from my 970 as I have a swift and I think the pairing would be awesome.

I can't find any though!! I nearly ordered some the other day when OCUK were showing stock... damn.

Anyone know the ETA of what these cards will be back in stock?

Associate
I've not been following this thread, so if the answer to this has been posted sorry!

Do we know when the ETA's are going to be updated on the OCUK site? A lot are simply stating pre-order or even overdue.

The OCUK card is showing the 19th (I think), but how accurate is this?

Associate
I've not been following this thread, so if the answer to this has been posted sorry!

Do we know when the ETA's are going to be updated on the OCUK site? A lot are simply stating pre-order or even overdue.

The OCUK card is showing the 19th (I think), but how accurate is this?

Hey Man - It looks like it will be a while until OCUK is able to update ETA's, not sure why but one of the reasons may be that the main man Gibbo is in Taiwan for Computex. He apologised earlier in the thread and assured us that OCUK are working flat out to get mores specific dates and stock from nVidia and the board manufacturers. He also said that OCUK only got 5% of the 980ti stock they ordered as it was in such short supply.

That being said, it looks like more stock will start arriving in the UK from Monday for the reference cards and Wednesday for the non reference cards. I don't know this for sure but looking at this site and other sites's ETA's both in the UK and DE, that's the ranges I'm seeing.

It sucks to have to wait and not have a lot of info but that's the price of being a first mover on tech and wanting the latest and greatest....it looks like I might be waiting until July 1st for my EVGA 980ti Hybrid...

Soldato
Fore those interested, I told about a Decibel sound meter for Android, so I reran the noise test I did on video a few pages back.

I ran 3DMark Firestrike 3 times, and had the phone where my chair is.
Got an average of 35 Decibels from the two EVGA 980Ti Superclocked cards ( reference coolers ), in my H440. I had some spikes to 39-40 decibels, although it's darn sensitive and probably picked me up moving.

Max clocks 1303Mhz, max temps 84 degrees.

Man of Honour
All lonely, waiting for the cards to arrive. :(

IMG_0200.jpg

Soldato
Am a happy bunny!

Goods Shipped:
£466.66 x 1 - Palit GeForce GTX 980Ti "Reference Design" 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
£0.00 x 1 - NVIDIA PROMOTION: Batman Arkham knight PC Game - Email Download

Now to wait for my 2nd EVGA Card. By the looks of it, Gonna be a good 2 weeks for that @.@

Soldato
Well I'm fed up of waiting. So I've just bought a pair of Titan X's.

That's what I was going to do if I couldn't get stock. If you clock them up even just 200-300Mhz you're in a world of glorious FPS on minimums at 1440p and 4K. Do enjoy them mate, from what I've seen some Titans can be lovely and cool as well.

PLUS, you have the sexy black look. :D

Back
Top Bottom