• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
I'm gutted, I just received and installed mine and the pump has that unbearable high pitch noise...

It's definitely not coil whine as I can cleary hear it as soon as the PC is powered on and the noise does not changed depending on the number of fps displayed.

Great job AMD, really for a flagship product what a great job...

thats exactly how mine is its not coil whine then its pump whine!!!!

Associate
Didn't even have my rad fitted to begin with and the sound was there from the moment i turned it on. Moved the rad around jsut as part of fitting and the sound didnt change at all.

Soldato
Placement of the rad in relation to the card will help noise I bet though, if the rad is lower than the card the pump has to work harder to circulate the coolant, if the rad is higher than the card gravity comes into play in helping the circulation

Associate
Placement of the rad in relation to the card will help noise I bet though, if the rad is lower than the card the pump has to work harder to circulate the coolant, if the rad is higher than the card gravity comes into play in helping the circulation

doesnty make a damn difference mate i have the rad higher than my card on the back 120 mount and its still the same

Soldato
It sounds like a fundamental issue with the Cooler Master pump. I really hope they can fix it soon, as it's really not helping AMD.

Maybe a switch to Asetek might be in order, but we don't know what type of contract they went into.

I don't know of a similar issue on the 295X2 which uses Asetek.

Caporegime
It sounds like a fundamental issue with the Cooler Master pump. I really hope they can fix it soon, as it's really not helping AMD.

Maybe a switch to Asetek might be in order, but we don't know what type of contract they went into.

I don't know of a similar issue on the 295X2 which uses Asetek.

295x2 is pretty quiet in that regard regardless of rad placement.

OCUK seem to be putting this down to coil whine when its clearly nothing of the sort. Coil whine is more of a pitched buzzing kind of sound that usually depends on fps on the screen.

This is something completely different but so far it seems as if ocuk CS who are usually good to deal with are sticking their fingers in their ears gong "lalala" despite the fact there's emails out there in reviews from amd stating its an issue that should not exist on the retail cards. How much more clear cut can it get?

Soldato
doesnty make a damn difference mate i have the rad higher than my card on the back 120 mount and its still the same

Yeah im not saying it will definitely cure it, if you got a whiney pump theres not much that can be done, however i recommend having the rad higher than the card, as the air will sit in the highest part as well, which means no air in the pump chamber.

But yeah if its whining badly then not much you can do other than swap the card and hope to get one thats not whining

Associate
I think mine has a very slight coil whine, nothing to bad unless your head is next to the PC.

Still, I'm considering returning mine under the 14 days satisfaction, (even though I'm likely to loose £150.) For only really one reason

I'm a little disappointed with the performance at 5760x1080, mainly in GTA5 which is my No.1 game atm.
It's by no means a slouch, but it struggles to stay even in the 30s with most of the settings turned up.
Other games are good to great, but this one is a little disappointing, and with only the 4gb limit of the card a little worrying.

Now the problem is will even a single 980ti be able to give me good frames at 5760x1080?

Is my i7 2600 holding me back?

Should I hold out and just get another Fury X when stocks and prices come down?

Going dual card would require me to upgrade my mobo, but if my 2600 is holding me back maybe I should anyway?

Any how the card really is great I really dont want to swap it as it looks amazing, but if I can get at least another 8-10 fps in GTA with a diff card, I may consider it. :(

Associate
Has anyone gotten a pair of these yet and done any testing with them? I'm contemplating whether or not I should go 2x fury x or 2x 980 ti's. The only crossfire benchmarks I found was from digitalstorm but it was showing that the fury x is outclassing the titan x in almost all benchmarks and even has the fury x crossfire for BF4 in 4k have 99% fps increase from a single fury x. Going from 38.9 FPS to 78.6. Seems a bit ridiculous and reminds me of the "benchmarks" AMD released before the fury x launch.

Soldato
If mine do it they're going back under dsr, the whine in some vids would really get on my ****.

With the radeon

*SNIP*

And that's somehow not an issue according to the support service?

I know my Kuhler 920 had 'some' pump noise, but noticing like that. That is pretty bad, and I can see how that would get annoying. That is not coil whine.

Anymore reviews from people? Can't just be 5 people having bought them.

Soldato
295x2 is pretty quiet in that regard regardless of rad placement.

OCUK seem to be putting this down to coil whine when its clearly nothing of the sort. Coil whine is more of a pitched buzzing kind of sound that usually depends on fps on the screen.

This is something completely different but so far it seems as if ocuk CS who are usually good to deal with are sticking their fingers in their ears gong "lalala" despite the fact there's emails out there in reviews from amd stating its an issue that should not exist on the retail cards. How much more clear cut can it get?

That's a shame. I mean AMD have stated and been quoted by lots of reviewers that it's the pump and it was supposed to only be an issue on the review samples.

Hmm. Seems the waiting game is the best game at the moment, and anyone else should use DSR to return if not happy.

I hope they sort it out soon, I really want a Sapphire one, but not if the isue isn't resolved.

Caporegime
That's a shame. I mean AMD have stated and been quoted by lots of reviewers that it's the pump and it was supposed to only be an issue on the review samples.

Hmm. Seems the waiting game is the best game at the moment, and anyone else should use DSR to return if not happy.

I hope they sort it out soon, I really want a Sapphire one, but not if the isue isn't resolved.

Apparently dsr isn't an option anymore, its something else that takes a 25% cut.

Back
Top Bottom