• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
Has anyone gotten a pair of these yet and done any testing with them? I'm contemplating whether or not I should go 2x fury x or 2x 980 ti's. The only crossfire benchmarks I found was from digitalstorm but it was showing that the fury x is outclassing the titan x in almost all benchmarks and even has the fury x crossfire for BF4 in 4k have 99% fps increase from a single fury x. Going from 38.9 FPS to 78.6. Seems a bit ridiculous and reminds me of the "benchmarks" AMD released before the fury x launch.

If you go back through the thread, you'll find some benchmarks from AMDMatt, as hes got 4x , and done some single, triple and quad benching.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think mine has a very slight coil whine, nothing to bad unless your head is next to the PC.

Still, I'm considering returning mine under the 14 days satisfaction, (even though I'm likely to loose £150.) For only really one reason

I'm a little disappointed with the performance at 5760x1080, mainly in GTA5 which is my No.1 game atm.
It's by no means a slouch, but it struggles to stay even in the 30s with most of the settings turned up.
Other games are good to great, but this one is a little disappointing, and with only the 4gb limit of the card a little worrying.

Now the problem is will even a single 980ti be able to give me good frames at 5760x1080?

Is my i7 2600 holding me back?

Should I hold out and just get another Fury X when stocks and prices come down?

Going dual card would require me to upgrade my mobo, but if my 2600 is holding me back maybe I should anyway?

Any how the card really is great I really dont want to swap it as it looks amazing, but if I can get at least another 8-10 fps in GTA with a diff card, I may consider it. :(

gta5 requires crossfire/sli no matter the cards if you turn up settings.

Soldato
Has anyone gotten a pair of these yet and done any testing with them? I'm contemplating whether or not I should go 2x fury x or 2x 980 ti's. The only crossfire benchmarks I found was from digitalstorm but it was showing that the fury x is outclassing the titan x in almost all benchmarks and even has the fury x crossfire for BF4 in 4k have 99% fps increase from a single fury x. Going from 38.9 FPS to 78.6. Seems a bit ridiculous and reminds me of the "benchmarks" AMD released before the fury x launch.

ask amdmatt for bf4 crossfire

seems one that runs 4k

** Video removed due to swearing **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I know my Kuhler 920 had 'some' pump noise, but noticing like that. That is pretty bad, and I can see how that would get annoying. That is not coil whine.

Anymore reviews from people? Can't just be 5 people having bought them.

I actually have a 920 in my case as well and this thing is just silly loud in comparison. I have actually had a 920 pump slowly fail on me in the past and the sound was nothing like this. It is a pure electric whine.

Soldato
That guys thieving other peoples videos, that's not even fury cards running it. Check the temps.

cant trust internet, sigh:rolleyes:

Well I had to lower quite a few to keep it above 24fps at that res. Will no single card keep me in the 30s with all on high then?

Cant say without the game and cards.
your resolution is around 6m pixels and 4k is 8m.
so I calculate with that game crossfire/sli is the option to go as 24fps or 30 for that matter isnt what I call playable.
you want to have as high Minfps as possible as that is key with lower fps.

Last edited:
Associate

mine are arriving tomorrow. 2 of them, so will see ;)

Associate
I think mine has a very slight coil whine, nothing to bad unless your head is next to the PC.

Still, I'm considering returning mine under the 14 days satisfaction, (even though I'm likely to loose £150.) For only really one reason

I'm a little disappointed with the performance at 5760x1080, mainly in GTA5 which is my No.1 game atm.
It's by no means a slouch, but it struggles to stay even in the 30s with most of the settings turned up.
Other games are good to great, but this one is a little disappointing, and with only the 4gb limit of the card a little worrying.

Now the problem is will even a single 980ti be able to give me good frames at 5760x1080?

Is my i7 2600 holding me back?

Should I hold out and just get another Fury X when stocks and prices come down?

Going dual card would require me to upgrade my mobo, but if my 2600 is holding me back maybe I should anyway?

Any how the card really is great I really dont want to swap it as it looks amazing, but if I can get at least another 8-10 fps in GTA with a diff card, I may consider it. :(

yes your cpu is the bottleneck for sure.

Associate
Yea ideally I'd like at least 40 something.

I'm tempted to just order a 980ti compare the 2 and send whichever one back. Then plan for going dual in the future with whichever one I keep. Although I'm not sure how much I'd loose when returning them.

I do think a Crossfire Fury X setup will run a lot cooler etc than 2 ti's though if I went that route.

Thanks for the res info too I've read lots of different comparisons to what 5760 is. Some said half of 4k, 2 thirds, 3 quarters!

Back
Top Bottom