• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Associate
Is there an NDA in place like with the X? Are we suddenly going to see a bazillion reviews released on the 14th?

All I want to do is make sure I can rip that cooler off the Sapphire version and put an EK water block on it (various informed people seem to think that the PCBs are identical between the Sapphire Fury and the reference Fury X, based on the pictures that we've seen) but only if the performance is decent (it's "only" going to be powering a 3440x1440 display but it will need to last me a while). I could really do without spending the extra on the Fury X and doing away with the AIO cooler before it even goes in the case.

Soldato
Is there an NDA in place like with the X? Are we suddenly going to see a bazillion reviews released on the 14th?

All I want to do is make sure I can rip that cooler off the Sapphire version and put an EK water block on it

Unless the NDA lift earlier that is.
yea I would want to know what cards you can modify with a WC block also and still maintain warranty if possible.

Soldato
Wonder whos gona buy that 1 that is showing as instock as of about 5am today when i was browsing. £649 tho, sheez.

Edit - Nvm either someone bought it or it was a error listing. I know there was defo 2 diff 649 card listings tho this morning with 1 showing as having 1 instock.

Caporegime
Hi Matt, since you first broke the news on hdmi 2.0 not being available, can you also break the news on the fury ? will all the AIB have hdmi 1.4a.

None of the Fury cards will have HDMI 2.0. the Fury is the same chip as he Fury X (but liekly some parts disabled as a salvage part like the 980Ti), they can't magic HDMI 2.0 from no where.

Soldato

Great news if its the 10.
10ses1u.jpg

Soldato
How do they go about adding DVI to a core that doesn't have it? Bung the adapter circuitry on the PCB and route it to a DVI port like normal?

Associate
OP
None of the Fury cards will have HDMI 2.0. the Fury is the same chip as he Fury X (but liekly some parts disabled as a salvage part like the 980Ti), they can't magic HDMI 2.0 from no where.

they don't have to use magic, they have to drag and drop the hdmi 2.0 schematic on to the pcb, the AIB's have to make their own pcb or looks like sapphire are using reference which may mean your right.

It is so simple to put HDMI 2.0 on. (truther electronic engineer~)

bru

bru

Soldato
they don't have to use magic, they have to drag and drop the hdmi 2.0 schematic on to the pcb, the AIB's have to make their own pcb or looks like sapphire are using reference which may mean your right.

It is so simple to put HDMI 2.0 on. (truther electronic engineer~)

If it was that easy even a company as seeming inept as AMD would have done so. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom