• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Caporegime
What's DVR? Do you mean the Gaming Evolved APP? That works okay, but it does have a performance hit. This is more so at 4K I've found. It works best with a single gpu, but it still knocks off 5 or more fps at 4K. As you add more gpu's it gets more problematic. It will get better in time though.

Will AMD be working on anything for recording gameplay Matt? This would be big for me if they can get anything like ShadowPlay.

Caporegime
But won't work on a 4K TV with HDMI 2.0 ;)

So if you want hdmi 2.0 buy an nvidia card, or wait til an adapter becomes available. Not sure why people keep iterating this point when we all know about the fury 1.4 hdmi support. If you need 2.0 buy the product with it...

Caporegime
Should work just fine. I managed to force 60hz on my 3440x1440 over hdmi on an old gtx 560 due to my monitor being hdmi 2.0 capable. I cant see why you shouldnt be able to custom res like that as well on the fury x

You can't just force a higher refresh rate, the bandwidth isn't there physically.
And don't the Nvidia GPU's do some "magic" (Colour degradation?) to allow for more bandwidth through the HDMI that isn't available on AMD?

Associate
GVR? That only records 1080P, overlay rarely works and some games it just doesn't record. It is another 3rd party app as well and AMD would know (or should) how to get the most out of their hardware.

Have you tried it recently? They have made it support almost everything now, there was an update for it not so long back that basically made it detect everything it didn't detect before, for whatever reason. Still only 1080P though :/

I agree about third party though, I don't mind raptr but the AMD features really should just be in CCC.

Back
Top Bottom