Windows 10

Soldato
Just read this on my Mac so booted up my PC which had preordered it. Started downloading within a few mins and have an event in the log:
Code:
Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

My folder is sat at 140mb at the moment, and is downloading at ~2Mb/sec. I imagine they limit the bandwidth so it isn't noticeable for the user.

noticed the same on my PC

Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. This computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on ‎28 ‎July ‎2015 at 09:24:
- Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664)
- Upgrade to Windows 10 Home

this was at 9:14am today

Soldato
Did MS outline the upgrade process for those who are up to date on the insider build?

The latest insider build 10240 is effectively RTM so you can only expect the latest zero day patches they have released over the last week including the 500MB one from last night.

Soldato
After 8.1 > 10 upgrade did a fresh install on a brand new SSD, it did ask for the key twice but skipped it both times, after first boot was all activated.

So yes, you can upgrade your HDD/SSD without issue.

Soldato
Hmm mine is only 140mb, and there does not appear to be any network traffic. :confused:

My system is fully up to date, and I have the upgrade reserved. Possibly leave to PC on all night you reckon?

Soldato
Where is this folder guys? Is the update automatic - I had a couple of general Win 7 ones earlier but no sign of any 10 updates.

I'm on Win 7 Ultimate, I'm assuming I'll get the Pro version of 10? Also, I'm not 100% sure I want to install this 'update' straight away, so can I keep it to one side until I'm ready :)

I'm sure this has all been answered before, sorry.

Soldato
Where is this folder guys? Is the update automatic - I had a couple of general Win 7 ones earlier but no sign of any 10 updates.

I'm on Win 7 Ultimate, I'm assuming I'll get the Pro version of 10? Also, I'm not 100% sure I want to install this 'update' straight away, so can I keep it to one side until I'm ready :)

I'm sure this has all been answered before, sorry.

its a hidden folder on the root of the C: drive

Back
Top Bottom