*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Especially when both this and the h440 are compatible with s big front rad straight out if the box. The 750d and 900d are another example and Corsair are actually making a mesh front cover for them now to increase airflow.

Associate
UPDATE

Guys I've added the HARDOCP review to OP, worth a look and here is what they had to say in summary...

"The Bottom Line

Surviving our enthusiast testing process isn't a chore to be taken lightly. Every case that comes through the HardOCP labs is thoroughly examined, pushed to the limit, and tested in ways that we feel gives you an accurate assessment of the product's ability to perform in the manner you would use it at home.

We've laid praise on the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX for it's cooling ability, water cooling support, its design and quality craftsmanship. That alone would be more than enough for us to recommend this chassis to just about anyone, but we also think it is important to commend Phanteks for the way the company has listened to the community, addressed shortcomings in previous designs and turned all that into one of the best cases we've had the pleasure of reviewing. If you are shopping for a premium enclosure, the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX should definitely be on your shortlist."

Spdlyf4m.gif.jpg

Decent review, not sure why they think the case will be drawing air from 21 inches from the front of the case :) rather than the air surrounding it.

I am buying the case for it's looks design and hopefully build quality,I prefer Alloy panels rather than tin plastic.
I'm sure the airflow will suffice, if all you want is pure air flow into the case their are plenty of models which will perform better, or you can simply cutout the front panel and stick a rad grill on. It tends to be cooler in the UK so it should hardly effect the performace too much.

Cases are very much a personal choice, people buy what they like the looks of or what suits the parts they intend to use. This case seems a great price for what it is and the materials used.

Associate
OP
I feel like a little boy waiting for Santa! not to long now... :) Even managed to pick up some second hand Corsair Dominator Platinum sticks witch I think will match the case really nicely.

Me to ! Its been a long time coming but my trusty CM-690 II Nvidia Edition will be retired by the EVOVL ATX. I'm looking at ram as well but I'm really struggling to pick a motherboard, my new front runner for my warships theme is the Asus X99 Sabretooth, really can't make up my mind if Skylake is the way to go.

Don't forget to post your case with username for the Roll of Honour folks.

Last edited:
Associate
Sadly weather and winds like this can cause havoc at ports. I have every finger and toe crossed for an on time delivery.

I have no idea why I'm so excited over a case, there is just "something" about this one!

Associate
Sadly weather and winds like this can cause havoc at ports. I have every finger and toe crossed for an on time delivery.

I have no idea why I'm so excited over a case, there is just "something" about this one!

What winds and chaotic conditions? Living in the midlands stuff like Gale Force winds and torrential rain just seem like myths. :D

But in all seriousness, I'm also extremely excited for this case. (Maybe a little to excited) But I completely agree this one just seems a little different, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Associate
OP
Having been at sea for more years than I care to remember, I know exactly what's its like waiting to get into a port that is closed due to bad weather.

Can't wait to see the case up close and get cracking with a build.

Associate
Having been at sea for more years than I care to remember, I know exactly what's its like waiting to get into a port that is closed due to bad weather.

Can't wait to see the case up close and get cracking with a build.

Heck you'll have everyone tuning in to the shipping forecast now :)

Heavy Fog on the dogger banks, the Ming Ho Container bound from China has ran aground resulting in the loss of 2 containers which fell overboard, one was full of fake sportswear the other one full of Phanteks and a selection of Xmas trees:p

Associate
OOoo my Asus X99 Sabertooth, i7-5930K and my Corsair 16Gb Platinum's have just turned up, ready to be nestled into this new case......cant wait to get started on this :)

Associate
Ok I'm jealous, X99 Sabertooth out of stock here on OcUK. I'm considering this board big time.

Yeah its a beautiful board......im quite lucky that I can get PC components through my work at trade distribution prices (benefit of working for an IT solutions company)...although I do get all my water-cooling and case components through OCUK....waiting till Monday for the case is going to be tough!

Back
Top Bottom