** SHIELD TABLET RECALL!!!!!! **

Soldato
Thanks for the heads-up, Gibbo. Mine is affected by this issue, so I've requested my replacement. It's actually quite convenient for me, as the speakers on mine are knackered and I've been putting off getting it fixed - now I won't have to bother :)

Soldato
This is why I NEVER leave any kind of mobile device charging without being present.

I really don't trust any of the flimsy chargers with Lithium batteries

Soldato
did I read it wrong? :p, they sneaked in at the very end

Dear NVIDIA Tablet Customer,

Thank you for submitting a claim to replace your tablet. Your replacement will ship within the next 2-4 weeks.

Please follow the included instructions to replace or dispose of your old tablet.

Please make sure to back up your photos, video and data files, so that you may access them from your replacement tablet.

As a reminder, when you set up your new tablet, your old tablet will be deactivated and no longer function.

Please remove all accessories – cover, SIM card, SD card, etc. before returning your old tablet.
-
Thank you for your loyalty and for participating in this recall effort.

Associate
its not clear at the moment whether or not you have to send your tablet back or not.
they mention it a bit in the email etc. but then again there is literally no information what so ever as to where you need to post it etc.

people on the nvidia forums were suggesting you just discard it after you get your new one.

Associate
Thanks Gibbo. I have checked and mine and it is affected. I have filled out the returns form and will no await my new tablet. Thanks for the heads up. Its only because it was on the forums that I noticed the recall.

Soldato
its not clear at the moment whether or not you have to send your tablet back or not.
they mention it a bit in the email etc. but then again there is literally no information what so ever as to where you need to post it etc.

people on the nvidia forums were suggesting you just discard it after you get your new one.

if its like google it be in the new tablet box a envelope packaging to send it back

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
mine sadly has been recalled.

the recall page was a doddle to use. the last OTA update just sorts it for you. very smooth.

Soldato
Does anyone know if we receive refurbished units or brand new ones? I don't want to end up with a refurbished one that's in worse cosmetic condition than what I have now as mine is currently as new.

Associate
It'll be brand new. Our current Shield's will be deactivated (permanently) once we've powered on our new one's. So the old one will be a glorified paperweight. :D

Back
Top Bottom