AOC G2460PF

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Vertical is 144Hz.

According conversations with AOC it is actually 'overclocked' during FreeSync to up to 160Hz anyway. 30-160Hz for the vertical frequency for an extremely impressive FreeSync range. Refer to my news article.

They're due to be released in the UK after IFA is wrapped up pending no delays.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
According conversations with AOC it is actually 'overclocked' during FreeSync to up to 160Hz anyway. 30-160Hz for the vertical frequency for an extremely impressive FreeSync range. Refer to my news article.

They're due to be released in the UK after IFA is wrapped up pending no delays.

Yup - this is why I'm really excited - the potentially massive 30-160hz Freesync range :)

What does after 'IFA is wrapped up' mean - is this some kind words of event or certification check?

Soldato
Yup - this is why I'm really excited - the potentially massive 30-160hz Freesync range :)

What does after 'IFA is wrapped up' mean - is this some kind words of event or certification check?

IFA is a large trade show that happens in Berlin early in September every year. AOC's partners (including Philips), loads of big name brands and some you won't have heard of show new products off there, although AOC themselves don't. The plan seems to be to have the monitors arriving by the end of September, although this is subject to change.

Soldato
Ooh, this seems to be the exact screen I've been waiting for, a reasonably priced 24" Freesync. I'll be keeping an eye out for it, hope OCuK stock it.

Shame about that red bar across the bottom of the screen, could be distracting but hopefully not.

Soldato
Ooh, this seems to be the exact screen I've been waiting for, a reasonably priced 24" Freesync. I'll be keeping an eye out for it, hope OCuK stock it.

Shame about that red bar across the bottom of the screen, could be distracting but hopefully not.

It shouldn't be. It's a fairly dark metallic red and is unlikely to catch your attention when gaming.

Soldato
Hmmmm think this might just be cheap enough for me to dive in and see if freesync/g-sync technology is worth it.

I really want to see for myself if it makes sub 60FPS gaming feel smooth

Even if I end up with an nvidia GPU next and flog this monitor I shouldn't lose to much.

Associate
OP
IFA is a large trade show that happens in Berlin early in September every year. AOC's partners (including Philips), loads of big name brands and some you won't have heard of show new products off there, although AOC themselves don't. The plan seems to be to have the monitors arriving by the end of September, although this is subject to change.

Many thanks for the explanation on that - much appreciated.

End of September - gahh - the wait is killing me. I was going to goto an NVIDIA card and an AOC G2460PG when I saw this just before pulling the trigger - but that was late June / early July! :(

Another 4 weeks - I can make it... :(

Soldato
surely they will be capped @ 144hz as that's what the screen is limited too ?

Limited by what? :) As I've said, AOC will essentially 'overclock' it when FreeSync is activated from what I've been told. As a matter of fact the AU Optronics M240HW01 V8 used on these on pretty much every current 24" 144Hz monitor out there are 120Hz panels overclocked to 144Hz as well. They will just be pushed even further this time.

Last edited:
Associate
Still no news or stock anywhere of this monitor - grrr.

Contacted OcUK the other day and they are waiting on information from AOC still and have no ETA...*sigh*

Probably the end of the month mate. At least it gives another payday :)

Found the launch price on a competitor... £204.99 (not in stock of course)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Awesome news on coming 'soon' :)

Yeah I saw the competitors listing - they had no clue when it was due though when I asked.

I'd prefer to buy it from OCuk too :)

First one to get stock gets my cash!

Back
Top Bottom