• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
My last iPhone was a 4 I then switched to my current SG3 3 years ago and tbh I've been very happy with it. However I'm trying to cut down on devices and am thinking of selling off my SG3 and iPad Air while keeping my Nvidia Sheild Tablet for my Android fix and purchasing a 64GB iPhone 6S Plus possibly in gold becuase ive had other colours in iPads!

If i was to replace my Air with a iPhone will all my Apps and games work OK? I recall when I had my last iPhone there was different versions of say a game for Each device, so is this still an issue?

I'm currently on Three sim only contract £12.90 pm 200mins/unlimited/unlimited. I never use more than 3GB but for safety I'd like a contract with at least 4GB, not bothered about texts and 200mins is fine. fairly happy with Three but would be nice to have better coverage sometimes! So any recommendations for a nice cheap contract or should I buy the phone and keep my current contract?

Soldato
I'm on the verge of getting a 6s or 6sP, the first time I'll have owned an iPhone as I've alway been an Android user. I'm currently using a HTC M7 which is 2.5 years old and just running fine without any slow-down, but the problem I have is that I don't like some of the recent changes that Google have been making to the OS. I can say the opposite about iOS. It's not something I would have thought a couple of years ago, but times change.

Caporegime
really ?

I'm an Apple fan as much as any (have 2 Ipads in the house) - but I find my older Note 3 very snappy and quick

I think it's partly because Samsung gimped the software on the Note 4. Two rather noticeable bugs are a huge delay when entering the gallery after taking a picture and more lag when using the task switcher. Fortunately these have been fixed but it's laughable how it took them months to do so.

Every extra core or additional GB of RAM on Android devices just makes me think it's a step back. Dual core and 1GB of RAM on recent Apple phones that usually wipe the competition in the benchmarks says it all.

Soldato
If i was to replace my Air with a iPhone will all my Apps and games work OK? I recall when I had my last iPhone there was different versions of say a game for Each device, so is this still an issue?

It'll vary from developer to developer. Most apps these days are iPhone-only or universal though. I wouldn't expect you to encounter many apps that you have to pay for again.

Associate
Sold my iPhone 6 on Saturday so using a 5 until my 6s Plus arrives. No doubt I'll get used to this smaller screen and the jump will feel even bigger.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Had a Nexus 5 for 15 months and while its a decent phone for the price i feel the need for an upgrade. Main drivers are better battery life and a better camera.
Considered/considering a S6 Edge/Edge+ or a Xperia Z5/Z5P but i quite like the iOS on my iPad Mini 2 that i got last Xmas so thinking of giving the iPhone 6s or 6s+ a stab.

Anyone come from a Nexus 5 and can say the battery life is much better (6s+ only i guess?) and camera is a marked improvement?
I use my N5 quite a bit one handed but feel maybe the 6s would feel more of a side step than an upgrade and i should bite the bullet on the bigger device.....again, any comments or similar thinking?

Soldato
Depends how you use your phone, I can open up any 3d game, once I leave it everything is slow for awhile. Even opening up the built in apps take longer then normal, and when you multi task to something else I get that last saved screenshot there for several seconds sometimes before I can start using the app.

Honestly happens too me enough times to annoy me, and as soon as I found out it had more ram I went from maybe upgrading to 95% sure I'll upgrade.

I find multi tasking a bit annoying on the 6 Plus, I often switch between Mail, doc apps and safari and often there can be a pause / or the dreaded reload.

2gb sounds better but why not 3gb?

Man of Honour
Had a Nexus 5 for 15 months and while its a decent phone for the price i feel the need for an upgrade. Main drivers are better battery life and a better camera.
Considered/considering a S6 Edge/Edge+ or a Xperia Z5/Z5P but i quite like the iOS on my iPad Mini 2 that i got last Xmas so thinking of giving the iPhone 6s or 6s+ a stab.

Anyone come from a Nexus 5 and can say the battery life is much better (6s+ only i guess?) and camera is a marked improvement?
I use my N5 quite a bit one handed but feel maybe the 6s would feel more of a side step than an upgrade and i should bite the bullet on the bigger device.....again, any comments or similar thinking?
Moved from a N5 to a 6 and no regrets. Battery and camera are much better and overall it's just a lot nicer to use.

Commissario
I'm currently on Three sim only contract £12.90 pm 200mins/unlimited/unlimited. I never use more than 3GB but for safety I'd like a contract with at least 4GB, not bothered about texts and 200mins is fine. fairly happy with Three but would be nice to have better coverage sometimes! So any recommendations for a nice cheap contract or should I buy the phone and keep my current contract?
Buy the phone outright, keep that contract as it's a good one. I had it but had to change to EE a year or so ago. EE coverage is good but I'm only on 5Gb a month which I have to be careful not to exceed.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Moved from a N5 to a 6 and no regrets. Battery and camera are much better and overall it's just a lot nicer to use.

Thanks, thats it i'm 50/50 on the 6s or 6s+.....also 16GB or 64GB, my N5 is 16GB and i dont have a problem with the capacity.
6s+ could possibly make my ipad mini 2 redundant as the screen size wont be massively different.....

Man of Honour
Thanks, thats it i'm 50/50 on the 6s or 6s+.....also 16GB or 64GB, my N5 is 16GB and i dont have a problem with the capacity.
6s+ could possibly make my ipad mini 2 redundant as the screen size wont be massively different.....

I've ordered a 6+.

Soldato

cant beat safari tabbed browsing on ipad, something the iphone 6+ can do in landscape mode only, unless im missing a trick!

Soldato
I thought you were going back to Android a while ago, changed your mind?

Its always a tough choice, having 2GB ram has made me rethink. Many issue is I like the touchID position compared too the Nexus 5X that rumoured too be on the back. Z5 is also interesting, but its a tad too tall.

I find multi tasking a bit annoying on the 6 Plus, I often switch between Mail, doc apps and safari and often there can be a pause / or the dreaded reload.

2gb sounds better but why not 3gb?

2gb should be enough, if you think about the current iPhone has many 700mb ram free, if not less. So your gaining a full 1GB extra which is 1.5x more free ram.

I've got an iPad Air 2 and I find it really difficult too get things to clear. Then it leads too why, Apple unlike most other OEMs focus on limiting too what they need, they can save a few bucks, which means a lot when your in the 100m's of sells a year.

Associate

Im in exact same situation as yourself, Loved my N5 up to about 2-3months ago, battery life is terrible and camera (for some reason) has gone rubbish.

Im either considering the sony Z5, or waiting for the new Nexus. But cant help but feel maybe try the new 6s+ from apple....hmmmmm

Soldato
Im in exact same situation as yourself, Loved my N5 up to about 2-3months ago, battery life is terrible and camera (for some reason) has gone rubbish.

Im either considering the sony Z5, or waiting for the new Nexus. But cant help but feel maybe try the new 6s+ from apple....hmmmmm

I jumped from N5 -> iPhone 6. I miss Android but I'm pretty happy, the main complaints I had where ram being limiting (fixed in 6s), some limitations on what I can do (Somethings like 100mb download limit are so annoying), finally missing wireless charging, it just feels so natural and simple to polp my phone on my desk and it chargers, no faffying about with a dock or cable.

Battery life is good, camera is solid (feel the S6 is a better unless you go for the plus model), build is really good expect its a bar of soap so a case is basically a must. I would take the leap and see, Apple has a 2 week return without any reason as long as its in good condition so you have little too lose, and the Nexus 5 2015 is rumoured to be announced on September 25~ so you should get enough time to see reviews on that and the Z5 before your 2 weeks are up.

Associate
I don't think 2 gig ram is needed "now" but next year with new apps requiring more ram (perhaps) will be fine on 6s but non 6s users "may" be left wanting for more ram. I'm on iPhone 6 now for a year and runs smooth. Wouldn't really notice tbh but then again, I might see something in an "S" that makes me pleased to have this 2 gig .

Back
Top Bottom