Facebook dislike button

Soldato
* Facebook currently testing the dislike button
* Updating the site with it soon.

Was talking to my wife about it last night. She said she's not going to bother posting much on there anymore at the chance of having dislikes, said she'd feel pretty **** if her so called friends started to dislike posts, will only stick to posting pics of family etc as a way of saving the photo's.

I'm sure most of us can all be like "so what, dont post **** then", end of the day opinions are opinions and dont think it warrants being put down for expressing them.... I think its a terrible idea, people who post rubbish will continue to do so, but the less confident wont bother!

Same goes for me tbh, i post some **** on facebook about my views, i know most hate what i say, not bothered.... But no way am i going to be posting knowing i'm gonna get like 500+ dislikes haha!

Whats your thoughts?

Soldato
If its not anonymous then some people might be less likely to 'dislike' something even if it is utter garbage (which, lets face it, 99% of what gets posted/shared/liked on there is utter garbage).

However, if more people are thinking along the same lines of you and your wife, then perhaps there will be less ****posting which is only a good thing :p

Soldato
OP
If its not anonymous then some people might be less likely to 'dislike' something even if it is utter garbage (which, lets face it, 99% of what gets posted/shared/liked on there is utter garbage).

However, if more people are thinking along the same lines of you and your wife, then perhaps there will be less ****posting which is only a good thing :p

Indeed, it totally swings both ways! Ah well, my days of getting on my soap box are done!

RIP - Talking **** about **** i know nothing about :(

Soldato
I'd welcome it. If friends dislike your opinions then it's a quick way to see that perhaps they should not be friends at all. Also, it will mitigate the perceived popularity of those stupid, stupid memey viral pictures that seem to originate on FB, usually say something totally unresearched about religion, immigrants, or politics and get passed about liike wildfire.

Soldato
*like*

I think it's a good thing, especially if people post up bad news, I always think it's odd to see people 'liking' something that's related to tragedy etc..

That's the prime reason right from Zukerberg himself in an interview.

I think it's a great idea, there's so much **** posted to the site, it's about time people get the chance to voice their opinions on the other side.

As to the OP, i can see what you're saying, you post something up and suddenly get a ton of dislikes which may then make you feel bad. Treat it as if you were having a conversation in real life, if you make a snide comment about someone then you'd expect some backlash.

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;28570670 said:
Same goes for me tbh, i post some **** on facebook about my views, i know most hate what i say, not bothered.... But no way am i going to be posting knowing i'm gonna get like 500+ dislikes haha!

So you say you're not bothered that people hate what you say on facebook, but you now won't post it if they can confirm they hate it...

Hmm....seems you are bothered

Man of Honour
Can't say I will be bothered either way. I use Facebook but in a casual way this won't affect me and I doubt I'll really notice.

If I dislike a comment or post I will just comment as such or do what I do 90% of the time. Ignore it and get one with my life.

Caporegime
I'd welcome it. If friends dislike your opinions then it's a quick way to see that perhaps they should not be friends at all.

or its a good way of seeing that you've posted something stupid without your friends having to publicly tell you you're an idiot.

Soldato
OP
So you say you're not bothered that people hate what you say on facebook, but you now won't post it if they can confirm they hate it...

Hmm....seems you are bothered

Deniability with in a fairy tail world where everything i say i correct and people just "forgot to like" mwahaha….. ;)

Serious note tho, say I’m talking about something unfair, which is literally unfair the whole truth so to speak… 5 like 200 dislike, when people see the amount of dislikes then they get the reassurance that the truth I speak is not true and start to form an unfiar opinion… Get me?

Na me neither haha...

Back to: "Enjoyed my food tonight, it was nice". Nothing Controversial

Last edited:
Soldato
Great idea. Theres far too much advertising, pointless tests/posts, pictures of peoples food etc on facebook. Can't wait to start disliking all the rubbish thats now on facebook. It used to be a place for pictures and talking to famiky and friends. Now its 80% pointless junk - it needs to go

Back
Top Bottom