*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Yey! More three of coins so I can get even more duplicates of crest of alpha lupi, suros regime or invective :D I just have to hope one of the duplicates drop at 310, that wouldn't be so bad then.

I like having three of coins...makes the taken events on patrol worthwhile, and makes every strike a nightfall! Going to do sunless cell again until I get that silly helmet, <10 minute strikes ftw.

Associate
hey guys only recently got this (late to the party I know! xbone taken king edition btw) I picked Warlock and up to lvl 16 now, really enjoying it. any tips or tricks I probably don't know? should I switch from voidwalker to sunslinger? does it matter at all what order i do the missions in?

Also a lot of what you guys all talk about doesn't really make much sense to me! will it become clearer as i get further into the game?

Wish I got this from the start now as really am hooked.

Thanks in advance for having a laugh at a little old noob like me! :p

Soldato
Think I may go fragment hunting on the husk of the giant worm-god tonight :) Regicide and the Alak Hul quests to do to get the fragments on there. Think I'm at 35 collected so far.

Also compiled a list of all of the Dead Ghost fragments I'm missing. Quite a lot from the TTK missons on Earth/Venus, but also quite a few from HoW related missions!

Caporegime
Not a problem. Thanks again for helping me with getting my exotic sword and Sleeper Simulant (which absolutely wrecks on court of oryx :)) Can't wait to see the damage it does on that big fat ogre known as golgorath this evening.

No worries bud, I'll probably be calling on u to help me out with the sleeper strike and when I get round to finishing the 25 crucible kills for my exotic sword as well.

Soldato
hey guys only recently got this (late to the party I know! xbone taken king edition btw) I picked Warlock and up to lvl 16 now, really enjoying it. any tips or tricks I probably don't know? should I switch from voidwalker to sunslinger? does it matter at all what order i do the missions in?

Also a lot of what you guys all talk about doesn't really make much sense to me! will it become clearer as i get further into the game?

Good choice with the Warlock, they are the master race :D It is hard to say what tips or tricks to give you, there is so many things that go on in Destiny. Your best bet is to play and if you have any specific questions then ask. As you have started your voidwalker I would finish levelling that subclass before starting on your sunsinger. A tip for your subclass is complete bounties as a voidwalker but switch to sunsinger before handing them in.

a lot of the discussion in this thread is around the most up to date things, where you are in the game will be posts around page 10 or whatever in this thread. As you level up though and unlock more things to do then what is being discussed will start to make more sense. Again though any questions just ask, a lot of knowledgeable people in this thread.

[SKR]Phoenix;28663030 said:
They work on taken patrol events???

I have never paid attention to the taken patrols but the three of coins work on every ultra.

Soldato

I felt like this too mate. Played vanilla destiny at launch but gave up after level 20. Theb rebought the legendary edition which has all the addons. Was a little overwelmed for about 5 minutes then you get into it and all starts to make sense! Some of the chat here still confuses me a bit but its not as bad as it seems. Highly recommend it, hreat fun

Soldato
So at this point i imagine as above i should just buy 3 of coins? I am now 293 and want a better weapon before attempting trying to find a casual raid group.

Do you guys just pop 1 per strike or multiple?

Soldato
So at this point i imagine as above i should just buy 3 of coins? I am now 293 and want a better weapon before attempting trying to find a casual raid group.

Do you guys just pop 1 per strike or multiple?

The verbiage Bungie used for it's description is a little misleading but I'm 99% certain it's been proven that they don't stack, so I would just pop 1 at a time.

Soldato
The verbiage Bungie used for it's description is a little misleading but I'm 99% certain it's been proven that they don't stack, so I would just pop 1 at a time.

Ok! Last time i had some i was spending 3 at a time! Got ntohing! Then spent 1 and got the exotic assault rifle that i have now

Thanks! And i imagine normal strikes are just as good as heroics drop wise when using coins?

Soldato
Yeah an ultra is an ultra, it'll work the same way. By the way I just want to say Bungie haven't actually come out and confirmed what I just told you I'm going off a thread I seen on reddit where a guy did like 20 strikes with just 1 popped and then another 20 with multiple and the drops were the same. This was during the Winter's run cheese from a while back.

Soldato

For a new player I think this is a game that has become easier to play compare to year one.

Missions can be done in any order really. But I always like to do them in their level order as the "storyline" makes more sense.

The best thing to do is find a couple of people that will guide you through the game and help you level up fast.

As for class choice I think the third class stromcaller is the current favourite with warlocks at the minute and you will unlock that when you play TTK content. Depending on your play style then go with the class that suits you best.

With the changes introduced in TTK I think it is easier and less "grindy" to get to level 40. Although it is all about that light level now rather than being a lvl 40 character. As long as you get decent gear you should be able to get to decent light level pretty quick. Its that jump from 280+ which then becomes a bit of chore.

If you need a hand with anything then let me know as I am always happy to run the missions and have a friend who is in a similar position to you where they have only just got into the game recently.

When you get to say light level 170ish then it is probably worth trying the vault of glass raid or a lvl 28 prison of elders (unlocked when you start playing the house of wolves expansion content PoE is always fun and for a newish player still gives you decent gear until you want to start TTK content.

Personally I think some of the older content has become less relevant but still fun to play (I miss those endless sessions grinding for treasure keys). I am hoping in a future update that Bungie will offer harder mode/improved rewards for the older content as currently the game appears to be solely centred around the "kings fall raid" which I totally understand but for the more casual player I think they are missing a trick or two to try and keep them engaged.

I don't profess to being any sort of expert with the game but I have clocked a fair few hours (although I guess I would still be considered a filthy casual compared to some on here :D) but as long as you are having fun then just play as you see fit.

Soldato
I was talking to a friend last night about this actually, other than for nostalgia, is there any point in doing VoG or Crota anymore? Is it year one drops?

In terms of rewards, Vault of Glass and Crota's End are now obsolete. You can go after the Vex Mythoclast (VoG) and Crux of Crota for the Necrochasm (CE) but you'll just be adding them to your collection, the Mythoclast is still useful in normal PvP but not for the likes of Iron Banner and Trials as they are gear dependent.

Vault of Glass is a masterpiece in my opinion, it was revolutionary for it's time I had never seen anything like that in an FPS before. Crota's End for me is fun but it's just not on the same level as Vault of Glass.

EDIT - All year 1 drops yes, I think I will still run them now and again just for a change of pace.

Soldato
Really wish they would update the rewards on the old raids. It seems like such a shame to have them available, but to have no tangible reason to do them. They briefly revived VoG during House of Wolves by allowing us to ascend the rewards. Would be great if they did something similar now.

Soldato
Has anyone seen a rough estimate of what the drop rate for 310s vs 290s are when you're >300 light? I haven't decrypted that many Exotic engrams since I tipped over the 300 level but haven't had a 310 drop yet.

Soldato
Really wish they would update the rewards on the old raids. It seems like such a shame to have them available, but to have no tangible reason to do them. They briefly revived VoG during House of Wolves by allowing us to ascend the rewards. Would be great if they did something similar now.

About all the old ones are good for it motes of light as you can shard everything and turn the shards in to motes. I think after running VoG and CE once each to take some new players through I ended 30 something motes. Motes aren't particularly hard to come by though so even then not much use. I am actually thinking of starting running them reasonably regularly as I never levelled up DO or NM factions and to get them to level 25 for the exotic quest I would need over 6000 motes :D

Associate
wow thanks for the responses guys :)
Just completed the crotas end one, was good fun with one random partner.
it did pop up at one point about a taken king pass, which has confused me as I have the taken king pass activated on my game...

one little question while im thinking of it, is it best to just dismantle all old armour and weapons or is there any reason to keep it?

Thanks again

oh and I'm waiting for a xbone headset, its annoying I can't use my hyper x cloud 1's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom