**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Associate
In the book, how is the hardware spread between the two pieces? If you remove the keyboard from the Book, I assume it is a more powerful machine than the SP4?

POB

POB

Soldato
In the book, how is the hardware spread between the two pieces? If you remove the keyboard from the Book, I assume it is a more powerful machine than the SP4?

No. Very similar. Just the GPU and 2/3s of the battery are in the keyboard.

The i7 SP4 should be slightly faster then the Book i7 in tablet mode. The Iris Graphics are missing from the Book's i7.

The Iris Graphics have extra cache which will accelerate general operations.

i5 should be the identical between them.

Unless MS have altered any throttling for either model.

Associate
The video seems to have been removed, maybe they went into more detail than they were allowed to?

Did it have any info on the speed of the SSD?

Soldato
Tempted by one of these instead of a laptop, not sure which version I'd get but an i7 16gb one sounds good if I can stretch to it!

A friend gets 10% off MS products so might make use of that - along with 5% back via quidco that would be a decent saving on over a grands hardware ;)

Soldato
The video seems to have been removed, maybe they went into more detail than they were allowed to?

Did it have any info on the speed of the SSD?

I managed to watch it but it mostly seemed like a comparison to the SP4 and didn't really dive into the more tech side of things. Nothing about how well the CPU operates and the temps, the speed of the storage, or Windows performance in general really.

Back
Top Bottom