**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Caporegime
Does this battery life seem rather meh to anyone else? Considering there is no SIM in it....

TRCEYivh.png.jpg FmxqkuOh.png.jpg VfPeF1Ah.png.jpg

Screen brightness was set to half way most of the time and at times 4/5 of the slider.

Main usage was just web browsing, some youtube, messing around etc.

Could maybe get another 1-2 hours on screen time.

Soldato
CPW are being really rubbish, but at the same time, I can't help but feel Google could be doing more too. Sure they have have delivery plan so they can let us know when they are going to be receiving the next batch? I'm on the waiting lists for the 64GB graphite and aluminium but other than that, I now have no idea when I may be able to order one.

Associate
I would had done if CPW didnt lie to me and block the funds from my card, now Google is showing out of stock again. :mad: I probably shouldnt complain to much if this is currently the sadest thing in my life :p

Check again. It's back in stock. I saw it go OOS too so you're not going mad :)

Soldato
Finally made my mind up and ordered 32gb graphite last night from Google and it was dispatched this morning. Is it next day delivery or am I gonna be waiting a couple of days? Burn In was concerning me as I use TomTom Go on my phone all the time, but I paid the extra for Google so I can just (hopefully) get it replaced if it gets bad.

Parcel Force next day

Soldato
Check again. It's back in stock. I saw it go OOS too so you're not going mad :)

Yeah I had been trying to order prior to that. It kept on showing as in stock then going out of stock again :p I did manage to get an order through after quite a few failed attempts... My order email says: Estimated delivery date: 30 October – 3 November 2015

Question is though, were they adding small stock then selling out quickly or was it a glitch that allowed ordering even though its actually OOS :confused:

I dont think I'm destined to get this phone :cool:

Associate
What cases are people ordering? I don't understand why Google haven't done a bumper case like they did for the Nexus 5. I bought that case immediately, solid but slightly flexible, thin but sturdy and retained the Nexus branding. Perfect fit. I'm looking at the Speck CandyShell black one on the Google site, dont like the look of it but looks about the best protection I can get and also looks like it's a flat design on the back which compensates for the sexy 'hump'. ;)

Soldato
Does this battery life seem rather meh to anyone else? Considering there is no SIM in it....

TRCEYivh.png.jpg FmxqkuOh.png.jpg VfPeF1Ah.png.jpg

Screen brightness was set to half way most of the time and at times 4/5 of the slider.

Main usage was just web browsing, some youtube, messing around etc.

Could maybe get another 1-2 hours on screen time.

Battery time isn't stunning so far, but then I've been playing a few games, something I seldom do.

I'm coming up to 3 hours screen on time, 39% left but I do have a sim in with decent-good coverage most of the time. It's been off charge since about 5:30pm last night.

Still, I saw people reporting the Z5 (I think it was, might have been the Moto X Style) battery got better after a few charges so if that's the case here too then it's going to be brilliant. At the moment it's fine, better than the Nexus 5 (for similar use), but it's not going to give Sony any sleepless nights.

Associate
What cases are people ordering?

I went for the Carbon 6P case from Google. The 'hump' is barely noticeable to be honest, it's a couple of mm at most. It's not that far out from the bumper case.

The ridges all round the edge on that Speck case look like they'd annoy me after a while.

The Adopted case looks to be the closest to the Nexus 5 bumper case, but it's not branded Nexus.

What I'm more interested in now is a charging stand, given the wireless charging pucks I have are not a lot of use now.

Associate
I went for the Carbon 6P case from Google. The 'hump' is barely noticeable to be honest, it's a couple of mm at most. It's not that far out from the bumper case.

The ridges all round the edge on that Speck case look like they'd annoy me after a while.

The Adopted case looks to be the closest to the Nexus 5 bumper case, but it's not branded Nexus.

Yeah, I was looking at the Carbon case but I saw a review of it and it looked too flimsy. I think the adopted one is the same as the carbon but without the cheap looking carpet attached to the back of it. ;) Hope I'm wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom