Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
There should be no confusion.
These people need to be fought by all right thinking people with every weapon at our disposal. There is no negotiation, no appeasement possible.
Enlist the Syrians, the Turks, the Russians everyone. We face a poisonous meme that no one can afford. An illness of the mind that values death and ignorance that thrives on fear and violence.

Suspended
lovely tribute in New York

That is awesome and heart warming. Isn't it wonderful how a picture can speak a thousand words?

Permabanned
Terrible sadness this event and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Sadly however it's just another false flag event for the powers that be to divide and conquer

Given that the powers that be are pro immigration, pro multiculturalism and are bending over backwards to persuade us to take in refugees, why would they then stage an event that in your own words, "divide and conquer"?

Permabanned
That is awesome and heart warming. Isn't it wonderful how a picture can speak a thousand words?

Yes, it says to me that is exactly what the tower looked like when they first turned the lights on years ago, and all they had to do this time was to flick a switch. Voila, red, white and blue.

November 2013
ECUp1B0.jpg.png

Gush less.

Last edited:
Associate
There are some things that have happened where people potentially have a point in terms of false flag attacks. The problem is that when every single event is labelled a false flag they lose any credibility they might have had. I can't see how an event with multiple people in multiple locations will have been a false flag attack.

It will be interesting in London next week. No doubt there will be alerts and evacuations all over the place there. Having said that, I'm sure there will be similar in parts of Britain that would be off the bottom of any target list a terrorist might make.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
It will be interesting in London next week. No doubt there will be alerts and evacuations all over the place there. Having said that, I'm sure there will be similar in parts of Britain that would be off the bottom of any target list a terrorist might make.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Already seen a bunch more than usual security alerts on the trains I usually use to get to work, via their Twitter feeds.

Suspended
Yes, it says to me that is exactly what the tower looked like when they first turned the lights on years ago, and all they had to do this time was to flick a switch. Voila, red, white and blue.

November 2013

Gush less.

Still it's a lovely tribute nonetheless and empathy towards the events which occurred.. doesn't matter if it's a flick of a switch or whatever, the point is it's resembling the French flag.. same as the Auckland Sky Tower the post above yours.

Man of Honour
It's depressing seeing a community like OCUK so at odds after such an awful event. In my own view these events need us all (whether it's a computer forum or not) to come together and pay our respects and use both our heads and hearts when considering the response we'd like to see from the UK (and EU).

For me, my first step to "understanding" (if you ever can) an event like this is to an think why they did this. We all know ISIS are both cowards and brutal, but why shoot down an airliner (assuming they did) and why attack random people in Paris? My personal view is that they are getting hit hard by a group of countries (Russia, France and the US primarily) and wanted to send a strong message that "mess with us in the Middle East and there will be consequences in your own countries". For me, personally, that's a positive message, it means that the actions we are taking are being effective and forcing ISIS to change their methodology. Paraphrasing a British classic "They don't like it up'em"

When it comes to immigration and the refugee crisis, Channel 4 news just confirmed that two of the attackers came to France during this refugee crisis. And whilst I totally accept that many of us believe that compassion and welcoming refugees into the UK is a positive force in challenging extremism, we must also accept that the primary responsibility of the governments of EU is the safety of its citizens. To that end it seems we have to reconsider our (and the EU's) current policy with respect to the Syrian refugee crisis. That said we have to, we must not fall into the trap of isolating Muslims in the UK (or wider EU), the further we isolate / deride them the more fuel we put of the fire of extremism.

Just my view of course.

A view I wish more people shared.

Associate
One of the suicide attackers at France’s national football stadium, the Stade de France, had a ticket and tried to enter with a match under way, the Wall Street Journal reports. The newspaper spoke to a security guard who said the male attacker was discovered wearing an explosives vest at the entrance where he detonated it.

Thank God that he never got in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom