Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
This thread has already gone horribly off-topic with people bickering about stuff barely relevant to the attacks. Considering this new "members charter" has been brought in, it has not been honored at all. If the Dons were removing off-topic crap then half this thread would probably have been removed by now...

What specifically is offtopic with regards to anything terrorist related?

Soldato
What specifically is offtopic with regards to anything terrorist related?

Pretty much half the posts in this thread. :p

not actually contributing anything. :rolleyes:

Neither are most the people in here right now.

I also find in rather disgusting that when these attacks happened a lot of people in here immediately starting bashing Islam and the Quran. While everyone has the right to their opinion, sometimes it is better not to say it. I'm no better at keeping my views bottled but just randomly bashing a religion is not the way... Never has been and never will be. Those who do are either uneducated or just plain stupid.

Last edited:
Soldato
The motivation was a cartoon, the motivation connected to the act of mass murder. Sympathising to whatever degree that drawing a cartoon is possible motivation for mass murder is not rational by the standards of Western Europe. Sympathising is not the same as agreeing but it is not totally rejecting something that is unacceptably evil. At what point is an act so evil it is rejected completely?

The poll gives no data for people sympathising with mass murder. In fact, the other data collected by the poll would suggest that very few would agree with such practices.

Again, you are attempting to misrepresent the data to support your own views.

Secondly I fail to understand your confusion, the whole article was entitled - "Fareed Zakaria: Let’s be honest, Islam has a problem right now". That title was chosen because that was the gist Fareed intended to communicate. The author explicitly states modern Islam has a problem at this time with intolerance and extremism by using US State Department and Pew Research data, I shall repeat it -

The author disagrees with Bill Maher implying Islam is inherently extreme, most people here won't have a clue who Bill Maher is or have watched his programme on HBO - that is why I did not quote those passages.

Since you are claiming I posted a viewpoint rejected by the article you can, of course, completely refute the article title by disproving every quote I quoted related to whether Fareed believes Islam has a problem right now?

Disprove the State Dept figures, disprove the Pew research, disprove that Fareed used them to support his premise that modern day Islam has a problem ...

Islam has a problem.
Islam is a problem.

See the difference?

The very next line after you chose to end your quote says: "a small minority of Muslims celebrates violence and intolerance". Fareed Zakaria's article describes how Islam currently has a problem with a minority of violent extremists. It's a problem that can be cured. While much of the work to get there has to take place within the Islamic community, Islamophobia isn't helping. It is fueling more extremism.

Soldato
"They seemed scared and out of control"

Well no ****. Imagine even with training id be scared of being shot and also worried about those inside. Can't control that sort of situation.

However I wonder why the woman was taken across that way :confused:.

Clearly whoever was shooting that AK had done that before those sparks were ridiculously close.

Also any clue what that person at 1.05 was doing on the far right? Surely that was clear line of fire :(.

Edit: I could be wrong but it looks like the poor sods were only armed with handguns :eek:.

Last edited:
Soldato
Look Benny, you've got your lovely little Twitter hashtag up for everyone to see what a splendid fellow you are, you've probably 'liked' a few Facebook pages where teenagers with a ring through their nose have been gushing about Paris, you've probably even posted a selfie of yourself lighting a candle and waving it around.

That is all anyone expects a lefty-liberal-apologist to do in life :cool:

Meanwhile, others would like to debate the future of Europe.

If i had to give an opinion on you right now i would certainly be suspended, glad you're respecting how others wish to show support to Paris whether that be in my sig or through a monetary donation. Not going to post in here any longer as it is filled with disrespectful people right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think you read that report fully.

"Acts of violence against those who publish images of the prophet Mohammad can never be justified - Disagree 24% Don't know 6%"

So that's a quarter of people that I have to live amongst (thanks to the Extreme Left), who are perfectly OK with violence, and presumably violence in the form of shooting AK47's into a group of people.

Sorry, to me that means 24% of muslims in the UK are ****ing insane and I don't want to share my country with any more of them thanks.

I really hope you don't mind my irrational aversion to living anywhere near people who are OK with killing for their pixie.

That's quite a stretch of assumptions. To go from being able to forsee a situation where violence could be justified, to 24% of respondents being AK47-carrying mass murderers, to then suggest that this means the 24% are okay with killing 'for their pixie'.

93% of respondents agreed that all Muslims in Britain should always abide by British laws. I'm pretty sure shooting an AK47 in to a crowd isn't complying with British law.

Don
Look Benny, you've got your lovely little Twitter hashtag up for everyone to see what a splendid fellow you are, you've probably 'liked' a few Facebook pages where teenagers with a ring through their nose have been gushing about Paris, you've probably even posted a selfie of yourself lighting a candle and waving it around.

That is all anyone expects a lefty-liberal-apologist to do in life :cool:

Meanwhile, others would like to debate the future of Europe.

Maybe keep your posts to that rather than condescending rubbish then.

Permabanned
Are the sparks normal or explosive rounds? That would be even worse i never thought about having a full clip of explosive ammo and a belt. The picture of a man entering Bataclan through the rear dressed in all black seemed to also have a backpack like Mumbai. I do not even want to think about what explosive ammo will do to flesh.

Man of Honour
Are the sparks normal or explosive rounds? That would be even worse i never thought about having a full clip of explosive ammo and a belt. the picture of a man entering Bataclan through the rear dressed in all black seemed to also have a backpack like Mumbai.

Normal.

Permabanned
That's quite a stretch of assumptions. To go from being able to forsee a situation where violence could be justified, to 24% of respondents being AK47-carrying mass murderers, to then suggest that this means the 24% are okay with killing 'for their pixie'.

This was done after the attack, so everyone knew that by "violence" we were talking about shooting cartoonists in the face with an AK47.

It was that same Hebdo attack they were sympathetic towards (the one done in the name of their pixie)

93% of respondents agreed that all Muslims in Britain should always abide by British laws. I'm pretty sure shooting an AK47 in to a crowd isn't complying with British law.
And they probably didn't imagine themselves being violent, but they were passively OK with someone else doing the killing. Which to me displays the same insane outlook on life.
You can't seriously feel safe amongst a culture which follows an unseen deity and of which 25% are happy for others to kill in its name.

Maybe keep your posts to that rather than condescending rubbish then.

I took it as condescending to have a debate deemed to be "bashing", by someone who has contributed nothing other than "oh how sad it all is", whilst conveniently ignoring that we would not be in this situation were it not for the same muslim apologists stifling all previous debate, with their attempts at censorship and personal abuse. Did you miss the bit where he said uneducated and stupid?

Last edited:
Soldato
RIP to all those that lost their lives in Paris, and to the hundreds who have been injured in the attack.

I went to a football game today, even in the non-league we held a minutes silence for those that lost their lives in the attacks.

In Syria it's Muslims vs ISIL, let's not forget most there are fighting a common enemy.

I would like to see just the women and children allowed into Europe only I.E. those that can't fight, the men should not be allowed in, and be sent back to whoever they wish to fight for, no questions asked.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would like to see just the women and children allowed into Europe only I.E. those that can't fight, the men should not be allowed in, and be sent back to whoever they wish to fight for, no questions asked.

Agreed! I can't say I've had any problem with ethnic women, but most of the men are complete **** holes :mad:

Soldato
I took it as condescending to have a debate deemed to be "bashing", by someone who has contributed nothing other than "oh how sad it all is", whilst conveniently ignoring that we would not be in this situation were it not for the same muslim apologists stifling all previous debate, with their attempts at censorship and personal abuse.

Just wow, what a load of drivel. Personal abuse? You were the only one making rude and condescending comments regarding how i felt about the general direction of this thread, whilst also bashing my sig and the ways in which i wish to show my respects.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just wow, what a load of drivel. Personal abuse? You were the only one making rude and condescending comments regarding how i felt about the general direction of this thread.

I was referring to previous debates, and the social and political leadership that influences opinion, not you.
Apologies if you felt otherwise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Neil79 said:
Agreed! I can't say I've had any problem with ethnic women, but most of the men are complete **** holes :mad:
I just think if this was the UK, France. Germany or wherever else, we wouldn't jump on a boat and hurtle off to Iceland or whatever. We have always been the same and when are backs are against the wall we would fight for our very lives for our country, well the majority of the people would.

I just think if any of these men who are aged 16 to 50+ are fit and healthy, they should be conscripted into the Syrian Army and defend their country, or whoever they wish to align thereselves with be it the FSA or the Syrian Armed Forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom