Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
I picked one up on launch. Super fast a great display and speakers sound great for movies also. I dont find the size too big tbh I was expecting it to be bigger from all the photos online. So far so good though. I can even touch type fast on the on screen keyboard also due to it being a full size keyboard in landscape.

Apple has a good returns policy so If in two minds try it out you get 14 days returns even if you used it so why not :p

Associate
Anybody found any good cases for this yet ? i have ordered a normal smart cover in grey but i want a nice sleeve case of some description ? i had a nice crumpler one for my ipad air 2 but they dont appear to do something similar for the larger ipad

Associate
Having trouble deciding:

I was contemplating both also but my main use for the device would be 90% in tablet form as I have my desktop pc to cover my other needs. The surface pro isn't very good as a tablet due to the poor Windows apps and poor ui scaling. But is a nice device that blends both together if that's what you need. I guess it comes down to your needs. Ure making sacrifices on both devices it's which form your going to be using the device in the most. If it's mainly a consumption device iPad is far superior. If purely a work machine then surface pro makes more sense. Although the iPad pro is capable to some extent if Ure happy in the cloud and light document work it's fine.

Associate
What are you waiting for!

So I got a 128Gb iPad pro cellular in Gold today (posting this from it now). Paid £684 for the iPad, got a couple of extra dollars off as I got talking to the shop girl and said I was over here working, turns out Apple give HP employees a discount. Bonus.

Im really liking the extra room for typing in the screen, it's much better than I expected. Plus I read newspapers and magazines on the iPad so the bigger screen also helps there.

I looked at the surface 4 again but found the kickstand too cumbersome plus the i7 models aren't out yet. Also looked at the Microsoft book(?) laptop with the detachable keyboard but was really expensive for what it was. There were no cases for the tablet part so pretty useless if you just wanted to sling that bit in your bag to go on a journey.

Man of Honour
So I got a 128Gb iPad pro cellular in Gold today (posting this from it now). Paid £684 for the iPad, got a couple of extra dollars off as I got talking to the shop girl and said I was over here working, turns out Apple give HP employees a discount. Bonus.

Im really liking the extra room for typing in the screen, it's much better than I expected. Plus I read newspapers and magazines on the iPad so the bigger screen also helps there.

I looked at the surface 4 again but found the kickstand too cumbersome plus the i7 models aren't out yet. Also looked at the Microsoft book(?) laptop with the detachable keyboard but was really expensive for what it was. There were no cases for the tablet part so pretty useless if you just wanted to sling that bit in your bag to go on a journey.

Nice one! I resisted both the Pro and Surface 4 and ended up getting an i7 Surface Book.

Associate
I was convinced I wanted one of these after having seen the media on it. However I went into the Apple Store today and had a play. I just can't see I would get the extra value you would need to from the size for the premium over an Ipad.

The keyboard felt a little underwhelming to me.

I so wanted this to be the 'one' device I could carry with me for all work and pleasure. The lack of Apps is a showstopper on the Surface, and I think I would find too may limitations of Ios for professional use. I would consider a MacBook but I want something with LTE as well.

Associate
Nice one! I resisted both the Pro and Surface 4 and ended up getting an i7 Surface Book.

I did think the Book looked nice, but the tablet only lasts for 3 hours when detached from the keyboard and there are no cases for the tablet part of the laptop. I use my iPad on long journeys so need protection and battery life, if I was looking for a portable laptop then the Book would be it, but the iPad is still king of the tablets :)

HAz

HAz

Soldato

Wow a £216 discount?

V F

V F

Soldato
The 3rd party covers are really nice for these. Have my eye on a grey leather holder with the stylus loop. Wish it was in white like their iPad Air 2 versions as it is very Apple-y.

Back
Top Bottom