• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
After some testing then No, the Trixx software does not do bugger all for me. Max core clock before any artifacting remains the same, could just be I've got 2 total dog**** cards or just the software is not there yet :)

the software might be leaked alpha build or something, since it is not on Sapphire's website (as far as my search skills go).

Caporegime
After some testing then No, the Trixx software does not do bugger all for me. Max core clock before any artifacting remains the same, could just be I've got 2 total dog**** cards or just the software is not there yet :)

I spent 5 minutes playing with it earlier as i have no spare time at the moment.

Trixxx Core and Memory clocks do not work, at least for me. Voltage control works. I had to use Trixxx to set the voltage and Afterburner to set the clocks. Would recommend others try this. GPU-Z can be used to verify voltage change is working at 2d/3d level.

I tested one card at +75mv (it's actually around +72mv or so) in Tomb Raider and managed 1170 and completed the run without artifacts. 1175 locked up, so i doubt 1170 was long term stable. Max stable on the single card long term was 1080, but it would bench between 1100-1115.

Temps barely increased at all with the added voltage. I managed to undervolt the card to -75v (-72mv) and it appeared perfectly stable, but it did lower the idle voltage too so this could cause problems at 2d, though it worked okay for me in my very brief test.

+150mv +200mv will be needed for big overclocks, in my opinion. Will test the other three cards at the weekend hopefully. Bring on Afterburner. :)

Soldato
I spent 5 minutes playing with it earlier as i have no spare time at the moment.

Trixxx Core and Memory clocks do not work, at least for me. Voltage control works. I had to use Trixxx to set the voltage and Afterburner to set the clocks. Would recommend others try this. GPU-Z can be used to verify voltage change is working at 2d/3d level.

I tested one card at +75mv (it's actually around +72mv or so) in Tomb Raider and managed 1170 and completed the run without artifacts. 1175 locked up, so i doubt 1170 was long term stable. Max stable on the single card long term was 1080, but it would bench between 1100-1115.

Temps barely increased at all with the added voltage. I managed to undervolt the card to -75v (-72mv) and it appeared perfectly stable, but it did lower the idle voltage too so this could cause problems at 2d, though it worked okay for me in my very brief test.

+150mv +200mv will be needed for big overclocks, in my opinion. Will test the other three cards at the weekend hopefully. Bring on Afterburner. :)

I thought fury cards could do atleast 1100 on stock volts? Some people got abit more with their lucky silicon.

TBH i was expecting more than this +75 mv is needed over stock volts to obtain another 70Mhz lol.

My 290x can do +100Mhz on stock volts and another 100Mhz with +88mv which is what i leave it at. Iv'e had it higher but temps and noise start bothering me abit but it's stable had it at 1240Mhz +150mv stable until temps started hitting well over 80 degrees and was noisy.

For a overclockers dream i was expecting things to be at least slightly better than how my 290x overclocks especially with the AIO.
I guess either you got unlucky with your fury or, high overclocks are just a dream and i bet AMD wish they didn't make such a claim.

Soldato
I thought fury cards could do atleast 1100 on stock volts? Some people got abit more with their lucky silicon.

TBH i was expecting more than this +75 mv is needed over stock volts to obtain another 70Mhz lol.

My 290x can do +100Mhz on stock volts and another 100Mhz with +88mv which is what i leave it at. Iv'e had it higher but temps and noise start bothering me abit but it's stable had it at 1240Mhz +150mv stable until temps started hitting well over 80 degrees and was noisy.

For a overclockers dream i was expecting things to be at least slightly better than how my 290x overclocks especially with the AIO.
I guess either you got unlucky with your fury or, high overclocks are just a dream and i bet AMD wish they didn't make such a claim.

I'm hoping Afterburner might offer a bigger range of voltages. From what Matt says temp increase doesn't seem like it'll be a huge issue. I'll agree that it seems like quite an increase in volts for a small gain in MHz, although that might just be expectations stemming from the "overclocker's dream" moniker AMD gave it.

I've no doubt that regardless of this I'll have 2 stinkers. I rarely seem to do well in the silicone lottery which often results in me not bothering.

For example my reference 290X is ASIC 76.2% and won't do 1050MHz on stock volts (according to a quick burst on OCCT). It does 1030MHz by default. Won't even do 1045MHz with +50 mV.

Caporegime

Extra 20Mhz with the extra voltage is as I expected tbh ;) :D

Might reach 1200 with 150mv!!! Happy days :D :p

(j/k btw, this is for others and not you M ;))

Soldato
No "they" didn't.

Nobody gave NV this much crap over Jensen's "good design".

It's incredibly petty to keep needling a good product offering over one verbal slip an employee made.

Man of Honour
OP
Just saying, it wasn't their desire for the slogan to be "overclockers dream".

That's all.

Have a nice day! pFtjMrt.gif

I didn't say it was an official slogan...

I don't take too seriously what sales people say at a product launch.

The card is what it is and all in all it is a pretty good card.

I can manage 1150mhz on the core using stock volts on mine which is in line with my 290Xs.

With voltage control and custom waterblocks I am hopeful of getting over 1200mhz on the cores which again will be in line with my 290Xs.

I will give voltage control a go when it is included in Afterburner which probably won't be long.

Soldato
I can't stand trixx, much prefer afterburner, seems a more solid program, regardless, I'm not going to lie, I'm not impressed so far with overclocking on the fury X.

I don't know or care if the statement "overclockers dream" was meant or not, it's something I took into account when I bought my cards, so far, that's total bs.

Caporegime
The "overclockers dream" thing i always put down more to the cooler, he said it was designed for 500 watts and the board only drew 275 on average so it had a lot of headroom.

Back
Top Bottom