Which Android app do you use to listen to music?

Associate
I've been using this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=media.audioplayer.musicplayer&hl=en

But I'm terribly sick of it. It sometimes doesn't move onto the next song when my phone is in my pocket and it cuts the ending of songs off, so they just abruptly come to a halt. The one good thing is it scans my media to find music, so I don't need to drag/drop it from my PC to a certain folder.

I use a OPO.

With so many options out there, I'd be interested to hear which app you use and why.

Associate
Poweramp. Play Music is absolutely ridiculous. It may be good if you're into streaming (I don't really know as I've always been a local storage kinda guy), but there's no folder view and playlists are limited to 1000 songs.

Soldato
Poweramp. Play Music is absolutely ridiculous. It may be good if you're into streaming (I don't really know as I've always been a local storage kinda guy), but there's no folder view and playlists are limited to 1000 songs.

Google music supports local storage just fine :confused:

Soldato
1 - You can download/cache anything you want :confused:
2 - Folder view for what? You can sort/search by artist/album etc, there's no need for a 'folder' view :confused:
3 - Agreed.. this is kind of annoying.

I signed up for GPM in beta so I have it for £7.99pm for life. Love it.

Soldato
1 - You can download/cache anything you want :confused:
2 - Folder view for what? You can sort/search by artist/album etc, there's no need for a 'folder' view :confused:
3 - Agreed.. this is kind of annoying.

I signed up for GPM in beta so I have it for £7.99pm for life. Love it.

you need view by folder if your music isnt tagged properly. Not normally a problem if you've ripped it yourself however....

Soldato
MediaMonkey, Neutron, GoneMadMusic Player depending on capability required
Mediamonkey for remote music (all available on DNLA)
Neutron through earbuds/headphones
Gonemad for night-time listening

Soldato
I use Spotify as I have a subscription.

When I didn't have a Spotify subscription I used the Music app that comes with Cyanogen (think it's called Apollo?)

Associate

so true

and it's still a webpage based music player/streamer so even with the fastest connection and the best phones it's sluggish.

people say touchwiz is sluggish as an android skin, but google have sluggish android based apps down to a fine art with the google play music.

it makes itself useless

Associate
so true

and it's still a webpage based music player/streamer so even with the fastest connection and the best phones it's sluggish.

people say touchwiz is sluggish as an android skin, but google have sluggish android based apps down to a fine art with the google play music.

it makes itself useless

Not sure what phone you run Google play music on but it's not sluggish on my 2 year old Note 3 and is far from useless. Works seamlessly with locally stored music as well as streaming.

Back
Top Bottom