*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
You guys looking forward to IB. I think it starts at 6.

I hope my 309 Hunter will be enough to compete. I've not had time to get the HM raid gear and I'm not sure if hunter is best PVP class anymore anyway. The void subclass is great for PVE but I can't see it's utility on PVP unless it's for wiping a cap point, and other supers can do that better anyway (e.g., Warlock void). I might go with my Warlock even though it's only 305.

Soldato
You guys looking forward to IB. I think it starts at 6.

I hope my 309 Hunter will be enough to compete. I've not had time to get the HM raid gear and I'm not sure if hunter is best PVP class anymore anyway. The void subclass is great for PVE but I can't see it's utility on PVP unless it's for wiping a cap point, and other supers can do that better anyway (e.g., Warlock void). I might go with my Warlock even though it's only 305.

Levels make a difference, but not a big difference. I certainly don't notice it that much.

For hunters, any of the subclasses can hold their own in PVP. I'd probably lean towards bladedancer, because you can get good kill streaks with your super, and invisibility is underrated in PVP. I know everyone says it's useless because people can still see your shimmering outline, but I find it does cause them to hesitate a precious fraction of a second while they work out if they really saw something.

Also, blink. Because blink is the best.

Soldato
Levels make a difference, but not a big difference. I certainly don't notice it that much.

For hunters, any of the subclasses can hold their own in PVP. I'd probably lean towards bladedancer, because you can get good kill streaks with your super, and invisibility is underrated in PVP. I know everyone says it's useless because people can still see your shimmering outline, but I find it does cause them to hesitate a precious fraction of a second while they work out if they really saw something.

Also, blink. Because blink is the best.

Its not that its useless, just has better perks in that tree, for example I would rather have hungering blade since it makes arc blade so much better.

For hunters any of the 3 is solid, right now I mostly play GS, I love having 2 trips, the GG is still pretty good and throwing knives are amazing. BD is the sweaty class, if I need to go try hard nothing can replace quickdraw really, and blink is still great for getting around. I've not played NS a lot but its very strong class outside of the super that hit and miss, Knee scout is awesome give, got too have your shade step, the smoke does a lot of damage, the nades are a bit meh.

Really can't go wrong with anything hunter, since after all we are the master race.

Soldato
How does hungering blade make arc blade better? It lets it last longer if you get kills with it - great in PvE when you often have enemies bunched up together and you can chain kills for as long as there are enemies. In PvP, I don't see it being that useful, because once they're dead, they respawn on the other side of the map.

If there are enough enemies in one place to make that perk kick in, there are enough enemies for one of them to shotgun you in the face.

Soldato
Think you got hungering blade confused with encore, hungering blade makes your arc blade and blink strike heal you. Since arc blade is a cqc super you will take s lot of damage so being able too heal after each kill takes it from being meh to amazing, I went from getting 1/2 kills too an easy 3-5 kills in 6vs6 playlists.

Edit: Lag is so bad on this IB, worse by a long margin. A friend just deleted the game from raging. Too much, just brought Battlefront, might also pickup BlackOps3 Destiny and the lag is impossible too really play. This game has some serious issues, and now they can't blame it on SRL since its not around, wonder what excuse Bungo will have next.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, time to get some raids organised I reckon...

Wednesday 6th - Normal Mode
8pm start, will do challenge.
1. Mak

Friday 8th - Hard Mode
1. Mak

Saturday 9th - Hard Mode
7pm start, will do challenge.
1. Mak

Soldato

1. Mak
2. TehBluebear

Friday 8th - Hard Mode
1. Mak
2. TehBluebear (tentative; just shy of 310 w/ Spindle equipped)

Saturday 9th - Hard Mode
1. Mak

Associate

1. Mak
2. TehBluebear
3. redrooster303
4. thewrecker-42 (??)

Friday 8th - Hard Mode
1. Mak
2. TehBluebear (tentative; just shy of 310 w/ Spindle equipped)

Saturday 9th - Hard Mode
1. Mak

I've put myself down for the normal mode, I've only done it once but it went ok so should be fine.

Edit: I've put my nephew down if that's ok as there was space. If other people were assigned to those spots, let me know.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who's up for a bit of nostalgia?

PS4 - VoG/CE NM/HM (doesn't really matter) - 13/01/16 ~8PM start

- OweO
- Mid_Gen ?
- DavieM66?
-
-
-

Who will die first? Who wants to be knocked off the map when I wield the relic? Who will get an exotic from Ir Yut? Will Moe be on time?

:)

Soldato
Who's up for a bit of nostalgia?

PS4 - VoG/CE NM/HM (doesn't really matter) - 13/01/16 ~8PM start

- OweO
- Mid_Gen ?
- DavieM66?
- TehBluebear
-
-

Who will die first? Who wants to be knocked off the map when I wield the relic? Who will get an exotic from Ir Yut? Will Moe be on time?

:)

I'd be up for this. Normal mode Crota please so I can unlock the Grimoire entry :p

Soldato
If anyone is up for doing a couple of nightfalls this evening 8pm'ish (XB1: Je11y Master) I have my warlock and hunter still to run through.

Also good run last night with HM, went fairly smoothly and pretty quick - sub 2 hours (using a modified version of the Oryx challenge seemed to make that a whole lot easier. e.g. 2 rounds of 8 orb explosions rather than 16 in one go).

Daughters was as entertaining as usual :D

Next time round I am definitely using my sleeper on those ogres rather than Major ToM.

If there is anyone interested in doing some of the classic raids I'm up for that I still need to get a flawless run under my belt (I suspect crota is probably going to be easiest for that - assuming I don't fall down those holes :D )

Back
Top Bottom