*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Yeah the 2nd mine spawns on the other side of the map... impossible to make it across in time without getting torn up by crossfire, even with one player running distraction and the other running.

I reckon it would be straightforward with a third player just camped out on that side of the map until that mine spawns.

Does it alter the number and difficulty of enemies depending on if there are 1, 2 or 3 players?

Try doing lvl 35 under levelled :) when destiny was challenging had to work together to complete it.

Once mastered could do it without a single wipe, round 3 was great fun and end fight was all about taking your time.

Soldato
Anyone want to give me a hand with Court of Oryx tonight? Need one more T2 fragment to get onto the final stage of the Touch Of Malice quest. I assume as soon as I get the 45th fragment, she'll give you the quest for killing that Wizard on the Phobos mission?

Soldato
Destiny is available for around £20 these days, so I was considering checking it out.

I dont know much about the game (other than you shoot things)

Do you need you need to play with friends for it to be enjoyable? Do you need to wear a headset?

I have the impression it is a real time-sink. I am currently engrossed in xenoblade X (time-sink) and have a bunch other other games that I own on my "to play" list. Is the game enjoyable if you cant (or wont) dedicate a lot of time to it? How enjoyable would the first 20hrs be?

Soldato
Anyone want to give me a hand with Court of Oryx tonight?

Sure, but it could be late UK time (like 10pm).

Destiny is available for around £20 these days, so I was considering checking it out...

As a recent newbie, I can tell you:

- Don't need friends or a headset for any of the non-Raid parts of the game (i.e. >90% of it), but it makes it more fun if you are having a bit of banter while playing obviously :)
- For the 'Strikes' (which are 3-player super missions), you are automatically match-made with randoms. So far my experience with this has been good.
- It can be a massive time sink, but only if you let it. Totally playable at a mellow pace... if you have self-control :p
- I really enjoyed levelling up my character from 1-40, discovering the various game mechanics and exploring all the planets and locations. It really is an immersive and pretty world.

Don't be fooled by the $20 price though; past a certain point, you will have to shell out another $30 for 'The Taken King' year two content, which may as well be a new version of the game. Not saying it isn't worth it (it is, IMO), but just be aware.

Hope that helps :)

Su

Last edited:
Associate
£20 is an absolute bargain for the legendary edition. I've sunk about 1500 hours into game, but you could just as easily spend 25 hours on it and walk away happy.

Soldato
Destiny is available for around £20 these days, so I was considering checking it out.

I dont know much about the game (other than you shoot things)

Do you need you need to play with friends for it to be enjoyable? Do you need to wear a headset?

I have the impression it is a real time-sink. I am currently engrossed in xenoblade X (time-sink) and have a bunch other other games that I own on my "to play" list. Is the game enjoyable if you cant (or wont) dedicate a lot of time to it? How enjoyable would the first 20hrs be?

In terms of raw content & overall game depth, Destiny pales compared to Xenoblade X, there is simply no contest (I have ~36 hours on XB-X). It is however a very different game and worthy of a look, especially for ~£20.

Despite having put over 1200* hours into Destiny, I would say the most enjoyable part is the first 10-20 hours or so + the raids which will follow in time. Once you complete the story, beat the strikes and get geared enough to experience the raids you basically enter a total grind fest which can get dull very very quickly. This is where Destiny's' lack of content become very obvious.

*Very high % can be considered "grinding" on the same content (for better gear or mats etc).

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys i want someone to point me in the right direction ref my character.

I currently have a voidwalker warlock - I dont have time currently to raid (family commitments) but enjoy doing dailies and come PvP stuff in crucible.

I am still not really sure what i should be speccing in terms of gear stats and I am not sure what i should be working on when i can play in order to get better gear.

I have been grinding faction rep (for dead orbit - not even sure why really) and just want someone to ask me what i have gear wise and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Soldato
Guys i want someone to point me in the right direction ref my character.

I currently have a voidwalker warlock - I dont have time currently to raid (family commitments) but enjoy doing dailies and come PvP stuff in crucible.

I am still not really sure what i should be speccing in terms of gear stats and I am not sure what i should be working on when i can play in order to get better gear.

I have been grinding faction rep (for dead orbit - not even sure why really) and just want someone to ask me what i have gear wise and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Its not World Of Warcraft, none of the stats really matter that much.

Just depends on if you want grenades quicker or your melee ability or super.

Soldato
No point in having the yr1 exotics, pretty much irrelevant since ttk. Only yr1 exotic I've kept is the Gallajhorn but it's never used now.

Honestly, I want them so I can look at the pretty weapons and use them in Crucible.

Especially love the look of No Land Beyond - having a WW2 anti-materiel rifle in a game like Destiny is brilliant. I've also kept the Khostov for the same reason - unique looks and sounds, not seen in any other weapon in game. Dat cracked glass sight.

Soldato
No point in having the yr1 exotics, pretty much irrelevant since ttk. Only yr1 exotic I've kept is the Gallajhorn but it's never used now.

Thorn.

It can change your play style hugely in crucible, for PvE the quick nades are nice rest is kinda meh most of the time.

Caporegime

IMO discipline has to be max for trials and tbh everyone should be running max int discipline anyway.

Melee is pointless unless your one of those guys who runs shotgun. Your not going to be meleeing someone from sniping range but you can throw a nade on an orb or when being pushed.

Nades are now the most powerful thing in pvp IMO I have usually double the kills from nades as I do my super. Firebolt, axion, lightning and tripmine are ridiculous. They need to buff arcbolt it's useless now.

Back
Top Bottom