Deadpool (2016)

PayDay Lover
Associate
Love the deadpool character, Reynolds does have previous for killing characters I love though.

Still hope he nails this one. Couldn't suffer another green lantern type screw up.

To be fair, I think the Green Lantern issue was less the actor and more...everything

Soldato
Very disappointed it's Ryan Reynolds. That fact had passed me by.

He's a huge fan and been a huge reason behind the push to get this made.

His irreverence and dorky humour is Deadpool, it suits the character to the ground. Despite being a dark history character very rarely is Deadpool himself ever serious in the comics.

Soldato
I can't say I am a huge Ryan Reynolds fan however I liked his role in Blade Trinity and this seems in the same vain so I am hopeful. I do hope the film is good as they are marketing it so well and in ways only a deadpool film could be.

Soldato
Perhaps, he does have that little lack of seriousness at times. I just think he's rubbish in general.

Outside of comedy he's generally poor, two exceptions that spring to mind are Buried and Safe House.

The thing is, without Reynolds, Deadpool would never have happened so you kind of have no choice he plays the role.

On a positive, he embodies Deadpool's character and it's most likely going to be one of the most faithful comic adaptions for a long while...albeit being silly as hell.

Caporegime
My wife actually wants to go and see this with me!! Even after I showed her the Red Band trailer!...

I really wanted to go see this on my own!! :(

So make a bloody day of it? Something to eat at a nice restaurant then the cinema, maybe a drink afterwards then back doors smashed in to finish? Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't wait for this but gutted they aren't doing a non R rated version because my son's fav along with Iron Fist is Deadpool. He's 10 years away from being able to watch this :)

Back
Top Bottom