AOC G2460PF

Associate
Silly question...

The .ICC colour profiles that have been mentioned in this thread. What is the purpose of them? Do they simply just set some of the monitor settings to values that can be achieved manually or is there more to it than that?

Associate
Do they simply just set some of the monitor settings to values that can be achieved manually or is there more to it than that?

Basically, you can not get the best calibration/adjustments with the OSD alone so something like a colorimeter is used to calibrate and create an icc profile for your monitor.

Associate
Been using the monitor for few days, haven't really much gamed expect tested that overdrive works and 144hz works with vsync in games.

Only two problems so far which aren't that bad really:
1. If press the power button to shutdown the monitor, it disconnects it from windows as in all stuff from the monitor goes to my second monitor which is still on when I shutdown this one. Any fix on this?
2. The iccm color profile somehow gets replaced by some other profile, even when I have set the new one as default one. Any fix on this?

Associate
It's normal for DisplayPort to completely disconnect from the system when the monitor is turned off. So no real fix for the issue I think, as moving everything to the other connected monitor is expected behaviour (would be the same on a laptop where a display is disconnected).

Associate
2. The iccm color profile somehow gets replaced by some other profile, even when I have set the new one as default one. Any fix on this?

Yes, use this -
http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/

It will re-apply your custom icc almost instantly if another application tries to reset/change it. I configured it to have it run and stay in the tray bar on startup.

EDIT:
I have updated to the latest 16.1 drivers and now my monitor is showing up as the "AOC 2460G5". Freesync(30-144hz) / 144hz refresh rate still works. Did this happen for anyone else?

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, use this -
http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/

It will re-apply your custom icc almost instantly if another application tries to reset/change it. I configured it to have it run and stay in the tray bar on startup.

EDIT:
I have updated to the latest 16.1 drivers and now my monitor is showing up as the "AOC 2460G5". Freesync(30-144hz) / 144hz refresh rate still works. Did this happen for anyone else?

i installed these last night and had to re-select the AOC beta driver provided by PCM , in order to get the 30-144hz range back. what version of windows are you running and what driver for the monitor did you install? regards

Associate
i installed these last night and had to re-select the AOC beta driver provided by PCM , in order to get the 30-144hz range back. what version of windows are you running and what driver for the monitor did you install? regards

I'm on Windows 10.

I'm pretty sure I installed the beta drivers to get the 30-144hz freesync range. Even though it changed the monitor's name after installing the new AMD drivers the 30-144hz freesync range still works. Not sure why this happened.

Associate
Did 16.1 resolve the flickering people were experiencing?

Release notes state this is fixed:
[82900]/[81859] Flickering may be experienced on some monitors when AMD FreeSync™ is enabled

Associate
Did 16.1 resolve the flickering people were experiencing?

Release notes state this is fixed:
[82900]/[81859] Flickering may be experienced on some monitors when AMD FreeSync™ is enabled

Would like to know aswell.

edit : seems amd is aware of the issue and is at theyre highest priority.

Taken from amd forums.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello from germany :)

I just bought some days ago a new gaming computer with this freesync monitor.
Before i start asking, this is my config:

Monitor: AOC G2460PF
CPU: i5 6600k
MB: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
GPU: VTX3D R9 390X Triple Fan
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400 CL14
PSU: beQuiet 500 Watt Gold (pure power e10 or something like this)

I think these are the most important parts for you.

First of all i have unitl now no flickering with my screen, using the official beta driver(35-144hz) and crimson 16.1, thats the only good point plus i got the new firmware with working overdrive on 144hz.

My problem:
In the most cases i get with freesync a picture corruption(tried also with catalyst or the certified monitor driver, it didnt helped), its like cut in many vertical pieces, its perfectly reproducable with 3D Mark 11, it works perfecty until the second loading screen, from 2d on 3d no problem, but if the display must change from 3d to 2d it gets corrupted. Sometimes it happens when i change from the game back to desktop.

Can someone try it with 3D mark 11(iam using the steam edition)? Am i the only one? What can cause the problem? The gpu works perfectly, no bluescreens etc and without freesync i have no problems.

Could it be a faulty monitor? Or could it be the displayport cable? I used the one in the package of the monitor.

Would be happy if someone could tell me, if not i think i will return the monitor, without freesync there are better options :/
Everything works just perfect without freesync activated, but freesync has (if it would work) so many advantages, i really dont want to miss it...
Thank you all

Last edited:
Associate
So close to pulling the trigger and getting this but cannot decide between this with 1080p 144hz or going ultra wide with the LG ips at 75hz free sync. Would ideally go 1440p but a) expensive and b) not sure if my 290 (currently with powercolor for repair or replacement) will handle it.

Associate
Hello from germany :)

I just bought some days ago a new gaming computer with this freesync monitor.
Before i start asking, this is my config:

Monitor: AOC G2460PF
CPU: i5 6600k
MB: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
GPU: VTX3D R9 390X Triple Fan
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400 CL14
PSU: beQuiet 500 Watt Gold (pure power e10 or something like this)

I think these are the most important parts for you.

First of all i have unitl now no flickering with my screen, using the official beta driver(35-144hz) and crimson 16.1, thats the only good point plus i got the new firmware with working overdrive on 144hz.

My problem:
In the most cases i get with freesync a picture corruption(tried also with catalyst or the certified monitor driver, it didnt helped), its like cut in many vertical pieces, its perfectly reproducable with 3D Mark 11, it works perfecty until the second loading screen, from 2d on 3d no problem, but if the display must change from 3d to 2d it gets corrupted. Sometimes it happens when i change from the game back to desktop.

Can someone try it with 3D mark 11(iam using the steam edition)? Am i the only one? What can cause the problem? The gpu works perfectly, no bluescreens etc and without freesync i have no problems.

Could it be a faulty monitor? Or could it be the displayport cable? I used the one in the package of the monitor.

Would be happy if someone could tell me, if not i think i will return the monitor, without freesync there are better options :/
Everything works just perfect without freesync activated, but freesync has (if it would work) so many advantages, i really dont want to miss it...
Thank you all

hi, if you read back a few pages, you will see the cause is freesync. unfortunately no one knows if and when it will be resolved. please report it via the official amd reporting link on there driver page.

Last edited:
Associate
hi, if you read back a few pages, you will see the cause is freesync. unfortunately no one knows if and when it will be resolved. please report it via the official amd reporting link on there driver page.

That was my fear, i cant understand it, they throw a beta on the market and want to make competition to nvidia, in none of the reviews i saw this problem, only here some users are reporting this issue. So is it for sure a freesync problem that can be fixed in a future driver update or does it only happpen to some hardware configurations? I can only find 1-2 users with this problem, the most are reporting flickering issues.

So everything is alright and the monitor and cable are working perfectly?
Is it a 3D to 2D problem? So will it occur with every loading screen?

Last edited:
Associate
That was my fear, i cant understand it, they throw a beta on the market and want to make competition to nvidia, in none of the reviews i saw this problem, only here some users are reporting this issue. So is it for sure a freesync problem that can be fixed in a future driver update or does it only happpen to some hardware configurations? I can only find 1-2 users with this problem, the most are reporting flickering issues.

So everything is alright and the monitor and cable are working perfectly?
Is it a 3D to 2D problem? So will it occur with every loading screen?

I had the white/black horizontal lines when gaming.
On HDMI and Display Port.

I feel this is the caus of my fury x downclocking or anything related to that.
15.7 did work, and did not notice the lines yet..

Associate
Iam talking about these problems exactly, pictures/video are from a other user:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48o328tngffrfkc/G2460PF Corruption.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q54v40nuoxgsnjt/G2460PF Corruption 2.jpg?dl=0
https://vid.me/P1W8

So what to do? The problems are some month old, still amd didnt managed anything, except i have no flicker issues, but freesync is not usable. Should i change the monitor? Which one is good? How is the tearing when fps are over 60? How does vsync work with a 144hz monitor if you get ingame 70-80 fps? Much input lag? I am thinking about to get a other monitor, because a benq for the same price or the lg 24gm77-b should be better. Not sure about it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom