Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
Thrown my GPU's to do some Einstein again (not gonna be as much as the previous run I'm afraid). Was doing SETI on them for a bit but it's not getting much work and the points won't help us much in the league. Got my Xeons and my laptop on MindModeling. Hopefully that will help us a bit unless it would be better served on Universe?

Associate
No need to apologise :)
£20 a week is a lot for a single machine, does this include your f@h GCs? My leccy went down this year, I'm paying just over 10p/KW/h + a small daily charge.

yer the 2x780s were folding and spewing out loads of heat :) , ill turn it back on when i get my lottery`s winnings from tonights draw :)

Associate
Thrown my GPU's to do some Einstein again (not gonna be as much as the previous run I'm afraid). Was doing SETI on them for a bit but it's not getting much work and the points won't help us much in the league. Got my Xeons and my laptop on MindModeling. Hopefully that will help us a bit unless it would be better served on Universe?

Well heres how we stand, a push will get us up a bit, number 1 is looking distant lol

UF7JLjo.jpg

Soldato
I noticed tsbt are ahead in quite a few projects

poem
collatz
Citizen science grid
universe at home

im running collatz on my intels graphics and universe at home on some amd cores , isn't poem at home a GPU project now? i have a 780 folding but may try it and see how it does at collatz and peom some time

Soldato
OP
I noticed tsbt are ahead in quite a few projects

poem
collatz
Citizen science grid
universe at home

im running collatz on my intels graphics and universe at home on some amd cores , isn't poem at home a GPU project now? i have a 780 folding but may try it and see how it does at collatz and peom some time

Poem has always been a GPU project as far as I know. I don't know how a 780 will perform, AMD used to be king on poem & collatz, I think newer nvidia cards have closed the gap though. I'm sure we'll get round to CSG and we're on Universe now doing quite well :)

I'd say as a strategy hitting poem & collatz is not a good idea, they are very popular projects and would require a lot of effort and commitment to score well. We're doing well on milkway & primegrid but that's to do with it being someone's pet project rather than anything else, it's probably mostly the same for other teams doing well on GPU projects.

Soldato
I thought id se what my 780 can do but I added primegrid and got no work, so I added moo wrapper and it gave some work, every WU jumped straight to 4.7 complete then just froze and wouldn't move from 4.7%

Soldato
OP
I thought id se what my 780 can do but I added primegrid and got no work, so I added moo wrapper and it gave some work, every WU jumped straight to 4.7 complete then just froze and wouldn't move from 4.7%

Tried them on my 290s at stock, and similar, went straight to 4.7% but then kept jumping several percent each time, think you just have to patient. For reference mine completed them in 15 mins for 6,144 credits each.

Soldato
I see you've fire up on collatz hanluc , I was just about to finish current WUs then switch to something else but if you are trying to push ocuk up abit ill stick with it

Associate
I've swapped out my trusted 2500k cpu and motherboard for the X79 + 4930k I originally had in Midas. Trying to get it to boot but having some issues with it because I used the ssd as a cache drive for the hdd. I don't really want to format it so may just stick in another ssd I have spare just to run bonic from.
That would give us 3 pc's running Universe plus I'm running it on my P34 Laptop. I'll try sort it out today after I finish making my chicken broth soup !

Soldato
what gpu projects are you running zapp? noticed your amd cpu hasnt been connected to universe@home in a couple of days, what cpu project you running now? im helping with universe and every so often ill allow some citizen science grid tasks

Back
Top Bottom