*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
http://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/TehMoe/5
http://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/TL_Venom/5

1) My trials ELO is higher then you so I'm already MLG and I'm almost top 10k now in the world. Get on my level son.
2) You have Thorn on your toon clearly just playing for status. Imagine if I played for status I would be so much better.

Also yeah warlocks with better jump + best melee + best nades would just be GG.

Sick bro, I heard once you hit top 10K you automatically become "known". Stats are life, got to do what ever it takes haha

Caporegime
I should start a twitch stream and become #1 on twitch.

People who are #1 on twitch are #1 because they are actually fun to watch and listen to, not because of their skills. Look at gothallion. He's 48th in the Twitch rankings http://socialblade.com/twitch/ and the only Destiny Youtuber on the top 50 as a result. he's not exactly an amazing player but gets loads of love on twitch because people like his voice

Either that or you're female and have boobs and have boys tripping over you to donate and get your attention living out a destiny themed financial domination fetish.

Last edited:
Associate
Have Bungie acknowledged that the game is a little stale at present? I was kinda hoping they would add an event similar to World of Warcraft's timewalking to VoG/CE.

I was playing this game for like 5 hours everyday after the patch released for TTK back in September... now I log on for like 10 minutes to get my free 1k glimmer per char at Variks. Shame really.

Btw hi all!

Soldato
Have Bungie acknowledged that the game is a little stale at present? I was kinda hoping they would add an event similar to World of Warcraft's timewalking to VoG/CE.

Haha, I don't think they'd ever openly acknowledge that... there is supposedly a small DLC coming in spring, and a larger TTK-sized one in winter though. (Sauce)

But you're right, it would be very easy for them to just increase the difficulty of the older raids (PoE would be especially suited to that, imo), with a corresponding increase in loot quality to keep people engaged.

Perhaps they're keeping that in the back pocket for when things get even more stale?! :p

Have you done it on a Warlock, I think Titan might be the best or tied with a hunter that has Air Jordans.

Only have a Titan and a Hunter... the jump that always gets me on the Titan is the one where you have to stay at the back edge of one ship to avoid the one that cuts across the front, then jump vertically onto another ship immediately behind. I sort of just hit the side and slide along as the ship goes past :(

I actually have a Warlock question as well; I want to start a character but really really CBA levelling up a subclass etc. If I buy another copy of TTK:LE ($20 right now), will I get another spark that I can use on my account? Or is my only option to buy the subclass booster back for 25 quid?

Cheers,

Su

Last edited:
Associate
But you're right, it would be very easy for them to just increase the difficulty of the older raids (PoE would be especially suited to that, imo)

I completely forgot that PoE even exists! Why does this not have much making already? It just seems like Bungie are missing so many easy fixes to increase the amount of end-game PvE content available to players.

Hopefully the DLC you mention will be good.

Then there is the PvP side of things. I would personally like to see them add larger 9v9 game modes on the larger maps.

Soldato
I completely forgot that PoE even exists! Why does this not have much making already?

So I think the logic is that with the harder content they don't want to match-make you with random clowns who will sour the experience. They want you to play with friends (or via something like the100.io) because you need comms and coordination to beat the challenges.

But for PoE, all they need to do is add Level 41 and 42 versions and increase the corresponding drop quality... I would think that takes very little work for something that should pose a nice challenge for players.

Soldato
LOL, game can't handle 3v3 without major lag problems :)

Yeah someone did a dive into the network requirements, somehow you need a constant 1mb/s upload just too have a lag free experience in 6vs6, most poeple don't even have upload speeds that fast. 9vs9 would be hell on earth. Bungo has some ****** networking code, I mean a console FPS is nothing new and basically any other console FPS is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of lag free game play.

Soldato
http://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/TehMoe/5
http://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/TL_Venom/5

1) My trials ELO is higher then you so I'm already MLG and I'm almost top 10k now in the world. Get on my level son.
2) You have Thorn on your toon clearly just playing for status. Imagine if I played for status I would be so much better.

Also yeah warlocks with better jump + best melee + best nades would just be GG.

That's interesting, clearly a lot more PS players as I'm in between both of you as far as ELO @ 1650 but ranked #12500 on Xbox

Associate
So I think the logic is that with the harder content they don't want to match-make you with random clowns who will sour the experience. They want you to play with friends (or via something like the100.io) because you need comms and coordination to beat the challenges.

But for PoE, all they need to do is add Level 41 and 42 versions and increase the corresponding drop quality... I would think that takes very little work for something that should pose a nice challenge for players.

I can see where you are coming from, but poe is old content now. I agree the lvl 41 version would be great! I think the major problem is that they want us to play with friends, but with a very limited way (pve at least) to automatically find players for strikes, it will take a long time to find potential friends.

The game would really benefit from a (running there here) proper LFG system similar to what wow introduced with custom groups.

BTW I have 1 spot for kf normal at hopefully 8pm tomorrow if anyone is interested?

Soldato
How on earth is the ELO calculated?

If you look at the top two players for Rumble on the Xbone the ranking makes no sense if you look at the pure stats. The number 2 guy has more kills, (a lot) less deaths, vastly higher K/D and a win rate that is basically 50% higher than the number 1 guy (He/she also has played a lot more games).

Also I REALLY wouldn't want to come up against that Zigo dude in rumble, his game stats are basically just 20+/<3 for pretty much every game. :eek:

Oh and my ELO score is basically non existent and I am ok with that. :)

Soldato
Its purely based on wins. If beat someone you gain X points depending on your ELO ranking and theirs. If your ranking is low and you beat someone with a high ranking you would gain a lot, and they would also lose a lot. If your ranking is high and you beat people below you you gain very little. It works for Rumble, but for ever other game mode its BS. If I'm **** and run with the 2 best people in Trials my ranking would shoot up even if I go 0-10 every game. Thats why things like KDs, kills and so on are pretty meaningless when figuring out your ELO.

For your own rank it only started with TTK where you may have only played a handful off games.

Soldato
Who's still playing on PS4 atm then? I haven't fired it up in about a month now as I felt a bit burnt out just running KF HM and nothing else. Shame as I really enjoy the gameplay and general banter.

Any notable events or anything coming up?

Back
Top Bottom