• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I heard there was some downclocking issues with Crimson however I just updated from latest Catalyst 15.11.1 beta to latest Crimson drivers, just want to confirm that I don't have that issue?

I was running GTA V to get the stats below and using Sapphire R9 290

3c9cc8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I heard there was some downclocking issues with Crimson however I just updated from latest Catalyst 15.11.1 beta to latest Crimson drivers, just want to confirm that I don't have that issue?

I was running GTA V to get the stats below and using Sapphire R9 290

3c9cc8.jpg

best way to check is to use Afterburner or something similar to display the core clock in games. my 390 in games drops as low as 500mhz and then causes me to loose FPS so use afterburner to set it to the default speed

Associate
best way to check is to use Afterburner or something similar to display the core clock in games. my 390 in games drops as low as 500mhz and then causes me to loose FPS so use afterburner to set it to the default speed
When running games like Fifa 16 and Rocket League at 60FPS, the core clock doesn't stay at 1000 but around 700-900, is this normal?

Soldato
Associate
I have default settings in OverDrive as I have a fan profile setup in MSI Afterburner however sometimes the Fan Speed option is turned on by itself in the software?

r10fe8d.jpg

Also my main monitor is detected as Display 2, how do I change it to Display 1?

r264313.jpg

Associate
I have default settings in OverDrive as I have a fan profile setup in MSI Afterburner however sometimes the Fan Speed option is turned on by itself in the software?

r10fe8d.jpg

Also my main monitor is detected as Display 2, how do I change it to Display 1?

r264313.jpg

Can't you swap displays around (drag it) in windows display settings, or in additional settings of crimson drivers

Soldato
Raptr seems to cause my card to throttle up randomly (Card was reaching 70C playing league of legends!!).

I know it was that as when i uninstalled it and restarted my PC, the game only made my GPU reach 40C at max.

Anyone else finding that Raptr makes their GPU get warmer than it should when playing a game that shouldn't be remotely taxing for the GPU.

Associate
I have a fan profile setup in MSI Afterburner however after installing Crimson drivers, it doesn't spin up according to my fan profile and max it spins is 30%, is this a bug?

Soldato
Anyone got any experience of running crossfire in the Division? Its not running well (slightly below a single card) but that might be a general thing with this driver set as I've been using 15.11 for awhile. Should I be having the core clock issue if overclocking with AB?

Soldato
Anyone got any experience of running crossfire in the Division? Its not running well (slightly below a single card) but that might be a general thing with this driver set as I've been using 15.11 for awhile. Should I be having the core clock issue if overclocking with AB?

What driver you using? If it's 15.11 that's old man 16.2.1 has profile for division

Back
Top Bottom