US: Better Call Saul

Soldato
Maybe the 'haters' were expecting more explosions or something.

Not literally, but yes. Mike's bits are certainly 'explosive', as they were this week.

This was a better episode though. The scene in Chuck's place with the 3 of them was great. The filming again was fun and the final scene was certainly interesting!

Caporegime
I guess it looks like those numpties are going to stand around and not call 911.. then jimmy is going to have to act and reveal himself in doing so. Chuck is a bell end, his own brother worked his ass off studying part time and he screwed him over... worse than Olly from GoT!

Caporegime
Just caught up with yesterday's episode, hopefully that'll be the end of Chuck, he might be right about Jimmy committing fraud but he wouldn't have had to go to such lengths if Chuck hadn't stolen Kim's client in the first place. I do hope Jimmy manages to restrain his self and not rush into the copy shop, that'd be too predictable, I'd rather see him have to keep the whole thing under wraps it could be a nice little subplot and an extra layer to him. I'm probably in the minority but I prefer Jimmy's storyline, Mike is a great character but I'm more interested in seeing where it all goes wrong with Kim and the exact time that Jimmy slips into full on Saul mode.

Suspended
Just caught up with yesterday's episode, hopefully that'll be the end of Chuck, he might be right about Jimmy committing fraud but he wouldn't have had to go to such lengths if Chuck hadn't stolen Kim's client in the first place. I do hope Jimmy manages to restrain his self and not rush into the copy shop, that'd be too predictable, I'd rather see him have to keep the whole thing under wraps it could be a nice little subplot and an extra layer to him. I'm probably in the minority but I prefer Jimmy's storyline, Mike is a great character but I'm more interested in seeing where it all goes wrong with Kim and the exact time that Jimmy slips into full on Saul mode.

I really like Mike's story line. You can see how he ends up working for chicken guy.

Soldato
I am loving the pacing of this show, nice to see a bit of storytelling for once. I can understand the haters though, there wouldn't be so much rubbish on telly if everyone appreciated a show like BCS.

Caporegime
I am loving the pacing of this show, nice to see a bit of storytelling for once. I can understand the haters though, there wouldn't be so much rubbish on telly if everyone appreciated a show like BCS.

I disagree,

I don't think there is much going on at all in the show...story? What story?

A lot of the stuff in the show is filler...everything takes an age to happen...

We see Jimmy forging docs we get it... But does it really need to take so long on screen with stylised timelapse ?

Break the show down...and what has actually happened ? Not a lot.

Soldato
The document forgery scene was great. It was shot brilliantly, illustrated another of Jimmy’s many shady talents and showed amount of effort he is willing to put in for Kim's sake, as well as the work required to deceive Chuck.

I felt the same about the scene at the start of the episode with the DEA/border guys at the inspection centre. It could have been a lot shorter but if it grips your attention like it did mine why would you want it to be.

Caporegime
The document forgery scene was great. It was shot brilliantly, illustrated another of Jimmy’s many shady talents and showed amount of effort he is willing to put in for Kim's sake, as well as the work required to deceive Chuck.

I felt the same about the scene at the start of the episode with the DEA/border guys at the inspection centre. It could have been a lot shorter but if it grips your attention like it did mine why would you want it to be.

It was a great scene but too long...We got the point so why it was laboured was beyond me.

It takes Mike 3 mins to wash a gun lol

Associate
It was a great scene but too long...We got the point so why it was laboured was beyond me.

It takes Mike 3 mins to wash a gun lol

I think the subtle details of the show are lost on you.

Mike is trying to not cross too far over the line - very much like WW in Breaking Bad. He has been trying to get the money he needs for his family(sound familiar?) without getting blood on his hands. That all came crashing down when he heard that a good samaritan was shot as a direct result of Mikes actions. No amount of washing will fix this problem.

The show isn't trying to be BB - even if both Saul and Mike are both 'breaking bad' in there own way. TBH I wasn't crazy about the show and its pacing(probably because I was expecting BB2) but I have really warmed to it.

Back
Top Bottom