*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Even if you don't plan to run Iron Banner on a specific day still pick up the bounties (3 Gold Weeklies and 3 Green Dailies) so they are there ready for when you are going to run Iron Banner. If you also have any of the Iron Banner specific gear like Emblem, Shader, Class Item then make sure they are equipped when running Iron Banner.

If you have multiple characters then get your main to rank 5 as fast as possible as the other characters will get bonus xp and you can get them to rank 5 fast. I think it took me over 50 games for my first character and my third took me 13 games and only having to cash in one gold bounty.

I personally prefer to run IB over the weekend and grind out all three characters (and then some more from fellow xbox players - I have done at least 5 characters for each of the last 2 Iron Banner Events)

You can only hold 3 IB dailies at once though cant you? :confused: Either way, they are usually cleared pretty quickly. I haven't had any experience of multiple characters as i started my second character last night and he is only at 6 right now.. :D I'll bear that in mind for the future though.

I still have a weekly from the most recent IB that needs cashing in that i never finished. (Special kills were lacking) Will this be able to be cashed in on the next one do you think? Obviously saves me some work then. :o

Soldato
Nope. You can only pick up the 3 Weeklies once but dailies as long as you haven't got that specific one then you can pick it up like with the daily bounties from "bounty-bot"

This is currently my titan with his bounties ready for next Iron Banner

JBjGW94.png

and my warlock is primed for the next Iron Banner event

XEaEP4k.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Hooray it is Spindle day today. Maybe I will finally get that white whale called the "Vienna Singer". I don't want to think how many times I have ran this mission and still am yet to get it.

Mr Gimp this is my VoC.

Soldato
Hooray it is Spindle day today. Maybe I will finally get that white whale called the "Vienna Singer". I don't want to think how many times I have ran this mission and still am yet to get it.

Mr Gimp this is my VoC.

*Ahem* Got it on my first run */Ahem*....

:D

Sometimes RNG can be nice to me.... sometimes... (Moe still owes me about 10 Osiris cloaks.....:p)

Associate
I'd be up for another VoG run at some point. Just noticed the other day that I've never received the normal mode ship - Aspect of Glass or something I think

Soldato
*Ahem* Got it on my first run */Ahem*....

:D

Sometimes RNG can be nice to me.... sometimes... (Moe still owes me about 10 Osiris cloaks.....:p)

It seems everyone that I run this mission with who hasn't previously had a spindle gets the ship first time. I ran it with all three of my characters and still no ship and none since and I have ran this mission 20+ times I think.

Soldato
I Don't have a Vienna Singer so how about we call it even, I do have the IB ship which is nice.

Well I do have the White Vienna as well so ok.... :D

JeffH - You can look at giving PVP a go at any point but be prepared to struggle a little at first. Map knowledge and level 40 weapons can give you a real advantage in the otherwise level (light) disabled playlists.

Iron Banner (Banana) is a once a month mode which enables level / light as one of the key features. A 335 light guardian will have a much easier time than a 280 light guardian assuming equal skill level.

I would recommend dabbling a bit in PVP as it can be a right laugh.

Feel free to add me on PSN. Currently levelling on the Xbone but will be back on PS4 in equal amounts (Jade Rabbit FTW! :p).

Soldato
Nope. You can only pick up the 3 Weeklies once but dailies as long as you haven't got that specific one then you can pick it up like with the daily bounties from "bounty-bot"

This is currently my titan with his bounties ready for next Iron Banner

JBjGW94.png

and my warlock is primed for the next Iron Banner event

XEaEP4k.png

I see, that makes sense. So if you cash those weeklies in that you already have will you then be able to pick up 3 more as long as they are different? That's a nice way of getting a boost for the next event as once you hit level 5 there's no point cashing the bounties in for that particular IB for your particular character.

Soldato
I see, that makes sense. So if you cash those weeklies in that you already have will you then be able to pick up 3 more as long as they are different? That's a nice way of getting a boost for the next event as once you hit level 5 there's no point cashing the bounties in for that particular IB for your particular character.

I generally will focus on my titan as my main and look to complete the gold bounties as fast as I can (although the top score one always seems to elude me) and then hold onto them until Sat/Sun before I start cashing them in.

The dailies I will generally cash them in as soon as I have finished them (unless it is the first day as generally the next day will be 3 different dailies - not always the case but I can usually have at least 1 or 2 which are different)

Once I have finished ranking up all my characters usually at some point on Sat/Sun depending on if I am doing a 12+ hour IB grind session I will then pick up any outstanding dailies and then the get them finished.

I can usually get away with having at least one gold bounty on each character still ready to hand in for the next event. If I hit Rank 4 before handing in any gold bounties I will generally keep hold of them.

Soldato
well 8 runs at my white whale and still nothing. :(

On the plus side I did get a Stolen Will from the nightfall, not the greatest roll on it but hopefully my other two guardians will be just as lucky for getting this new shotty (even though I don't really use them)

Soldato
Up to level 21 now.

Got a really nice Shingen - E at level 17 (112 attack! :D) which I think I will keep hold of. It has a perk roll and feel very much like the Hakkon that Salad Man was selling in the most recent Iron Banana. Near max stability (with counter balance) and decent range.

Starting to see the TTK weapons and armour creep in now so no doubt I will have to leave the Shingen behind soon enough. I will keep it for normal PvP though.

One thing I had forgotten is just how tough the early strikes can be when you are on level & with relatively weak weapons. Omnigul felt like a Year 1 Nightfall with Arc burn based on the damage taken. :eek:

Was great fun though. :)

Associate
Up to level 21 now.

Got a really nice Shingen - E at level 17 (112 attack! :D) which I think I will keep hold of. It has a perk roll and feel very much like the Hakkon that Salad Man was selling in the most recent Iron Banana. Near max stability (with counter balance) and decent range.

Starting to see the TTK weapons and armour creep in now so no doubt I will have to leave the Shingen behind soon enough. I will keep it for normal PvP though.

One thing I had forgotten is just how tough the early strikes can be when you are on level & with relatively weak weapons. Omnigul felt like a Year 1 Nightfall with Arc burn based on the damage taken. :eek:

Was great fun though. :)

ah the memories of all hiding in a small room with a designated revive person, still miss shooting phogoth through a crack in the door for 20 minutes as well.

Do you still have to be level 25+ to be able to get into the VoG? Anyway give us a shout when you get there and we can do a run, might do a yr1 weapons only attempt.

Soldato
ah the memories of all hiding in a small room with a designated revive person, still miss shooting phogoth through a crack in the door for 20 minutes as well.

Do you still have to be level 25+ to be able to get into the VoG? Anyway give us a shout when you get there and we can do a run, might do a yr1 weapons only attempt.

Indeed, I still have my VoG armour! :D

When do you reckon you'll be up for a run? We can try rousing the rabble in a semblance of organisation hopefully!

Dave: I did a Solo spindle run for giggles last night on my Titan and got Vienna Singer again :p

I was still less than amused by the patent pending Kahuna Jay approach to stealing all the loot in the Winters Run NF last night though. Thor and I managed to get to the boss as a two man, Jay rocks up and uses his leet Warlock skills for 2 minutes and BAM! Stolen Will.

Me......a load of crap. Thanks RNGesus!

Associate

I'd be up for that, although I'm away over the weekend and not back til Monday eve.

YR1 weapons and VoG armour only. Hello ChatterWhite! :D

Back
Top Bottom