• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Difference being it will be able to maintain the clocks and more than likely be much quieter than the FE hair-dryer blower.

While I do love the founders aesthetically, they look stunning, am very excited to see non-ref come out and into the hands of owners to see how they go. Exciting times ahead :cool:

Caporegime
While I do love the founders aesthetically, they look stunning, am very excited to see non-ref come out and into the hands of owners to see how they go. Exciting times ahead :cool:

Founders edition is like apple design mentality, built for show, not to go. :p

Be interested to see how loud the gigabyte cooler is as its obviously going to make its way onto other cards down the line.

Associate
I am 4th in the queue :D

The horrible realisation that I misspelt queue earlier. :(

I fear I'll be pretty far down the list. My payment never processed, probably as I was using wifi out of town with a bit of a dodgy signal. By the time I noticed and got it sorted out over the phone it wasn't until the 3rd.

Hoping the card isn't too popular yet or they have a large shipment coming in.

Associate
Every time there's a new nvidia release 8 pack pops in to the reviews or owners thread to have a pop at people buying stuff from the shop he works at... i still dont get it.

i remember he said the same thing when TX and 980ti released in those forums. it seem that he doesn't like the idea of TROH .

Soldato
Yeah we should be able to hit 2.2 ghz on air I think with a good chip. My better 1080 games stable at 2100 Mhz and benches fine at just over 2150 mhz approaching 2200 Mhz.

I would not be surprised to see some after market designs possibly eek out a little bit more with better cooling / beefed up power delivery. 2.3 Ghz on the other hand I think will be out of the question for most.

Either way be good to see how some of the beefed up cards like classy perform :)

Soldato
Yes it is almost as silly as running 10 year old software using LN2 !!!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom