*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Caporegime
See bungie are doing what they always do, when something strong surfaces it, nerf it into oblivion to the point of making it useless

then in the next patch, relaize you've ****ed it up and then buff it a bit, but not to the point it was before.

Soldato
Ive been playing D3 on and off since 2.0 and its not that bad, some OP things get nerf'd and some weak stuff buffed, its normally pretty balanced. With Bungie a lot of the times things get nerf'd because they are popular. Hunter is a good example, a lot of people like hunters cause they have solid class items (looks) but if you look at high level crucible play right now only Night Stalker is viable, Gunslinger has never been good enough too compete, and Blade Dancer has been weak since Taken King.

However the strength/weakness doesn't matter too bungie its all about usage. There for Gunslinger neutral game is gone down hill (it was never great), Golden Gun I find super easy too counter since it gives no armour bonus and since Taken King it gets effect by range so its easier too dodge. Blade Dancers Arc Blade is one of the weakest supers in the game, and they made it worse, now you have a delay between lunges so its even harder too chase people, lunges take super energy, so at this point all titans can just out run the super, hunters that are smart enough will be able too out run the super.

Night stalker which was the only competitive hunter sub class also got nerf'd, shade step which basically makes the sub class has taken a huge nerf, along with smoke not cancelling jumps anymore so you can simple jump out of the smoke so wombo combo is much weaker. Tether does stop supers right away now which is nice, but it went from a solid all around class too just support. Meaning now as a hunter NS is great for PvE, GG is decent at PvE and okay at PVP, BD is pretty useless across the board I feel.

Soldato
I play BladeDancer as my PvP go to and it's been fairly weak already without all the bloody nerfs. Arcbolt grenades may as well be made of confetti for all the damage they do and now Arc Blade has been further nerfed it's going to be virtually pointless as a subclass.

Soldato
Trips I think are over the top, now they basically kill no one at full health, don't stick on players lol. I run lowest armour always and if I die too a trip its my fault for not watching my surroundings well enough, I think it was fair too punish someone for being silly. Its only really a problem in mayhem game modes.

Personally though my problems with the nerfs is they are yet another wave of changes too slow down game play, remove elements that require more skill (using TG well for example is difficult). It will just lead too more camping and hard scoping with a sniper and thats pretty boring. Its already unbearable really and was hoping they would change it too encourage more fast pace game play. If it gets worse I would rather just go back too the old thorn + blink shottie meta. At least it was fun and fast paced action.

Associate
Yeh now I must admit the trimine nerf did seem a bit extreme. I think the damage they had before was perfect, able to one shot the low armour guardians was a good thought process people had to take when running a low armour build to gain more agility/recovery

Soldato
3 NF's down and 3x strike loot dropped. Finally got a 335 class item on my Warlock and a decent roll Grasp of Malok.

Due to the patch changes and modifiers you can near enough two shot Omnigul with Golden Gun + Celestial Nighthawk :D

Still no Zen Meteor though :(

Soldato
Happy to run it a few more times as its pretty easy (they have removed the yellow bar captains at the start and the yellow bar knights at the end). Solar grenades + Sunbreakers = comical levels of DPS on adds.

Mrs also wants a Grasp but only got the bond. She was quite salty when I got two! :D

Greboth - did you get the Grasp? I remember you got two bonds.

Soldato
I won't be free till later on, maybe 11pm at night. Got a few business weeks as got a lot of extra work. I've not used my titan in a long time though so I'll try hammers for a few runs then GG.

Soldato
Happy to run it a few more times as its pretty easy (they have removed the yellow bar captains at the start and the yellow bar knights at the end). Solar grenades + Sunbreakers = comical levels of DPS on adds.

Mrs also wants a Grasp but only got the bond. She was quite salty when I got two! :D

Greboth - did you get the Grasp? I remember you got two bonds.

Nope, I only got 2 bonds. In fairness though being out of Destiny for so long I don't know what the Grasp is to know how much I should want it :p

Are you up for some CoE? Not something I will run often but fancy seeing what it is like.

I won't be free till later on, maybe 11pm at night. Got a few business weeks as got a lot of extra work. I've not used my titan in a long time though so I'll try hammers for a few runs then GG.

Pretty quick to run through so happy to run it again if you need a third. If I am not on just drop me a message as I pick up PSN messages on my phone.

Soldato
Nope, I only got 2 bonds. In fairness though being out of Destiny for so long I don't know what the Grasp is to know how much I should want it :p

Are you up for some CoE? Not something I will run often but fancy seeing what it is like.

Pretty quick to run through so happy to run it again if you need a third. If I am not on just drop me a message as I pick up PSN messages on my phone.

Yeah I am up for some CoE. I know the Mrs wants to get them done her characters as well. I solo'd last weeks which was interesting :p

Grasp is sought after as it has a very good Time To Kill (needing the same amount of bursts to kill as a Hawksaw class pulse but fires faster) and is the only type of its class in year 2 (at least end game ready).

Soldato
Yeah I am up for some CoE. I know the Mrs wants to get them done her characters as well. I solo'd last weeks which was interesting :p

Grasp is sought after as it has a very good Time To Kill (needing the same amount of bursts to kill as a Hawksaw class pulse but fires faster) and is the only type of its class in year 2 (at least end game ready).

Well dammit! Why didn't I get one. I want one! :(

Cool, I will be around tonight at some point so will keep an eye out for you. I really should do some packing for my hols but it shouldn't take too long and Destiny is more important :D

Associate
Grasp farming is pretty easy and worthwhile at present. Just need 2 celestial nighthawk wearing Gunslingers and a nightstalker. Had about 15 grasps drop so far in ~ 2 hours of farming. All been pretty average, best one has perfect balance with grenadier and outlaw.

Soldato
My good one has Hand Laid stock (so near max stability), Grenadier (I actually like this perk) and the perk which makes its more accurate as your health gets lower.

Not the best roll but the last perk actually makes some sense.

Ran it in two of the NF's and it is fantastic. Didn't think I would like it but I really do! :)

Back
Top Bottom