• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Switched a GLH order to a Golden Sample a few hours back, and was told it should ship today.
It's the cooler operation that interests me more than the factory clocks.
Hasn't moved yet though, which isn't a great sign. Will wait and see.

Associate
Just wondering is there any way to check my queue number online rather than phoning up? I was 42nd for the Gaming X last night but a lot of people seem to have had shipping confirmations today.

Associate
How are you measuring your space, as the official card length almost certainly includes the bracket and screw area?

Measuring my G1 from the base of the bracket, but not the ¬ part with screw, it's 275mm 10.8268".

Oh really? To be honest I'm not actually physically measuring the space, I'm looking at the dimensions of my current gpu the ASUS gtx970, its showing the length as 11.05" on the website. This card in my case just about crammed inside, nothing bigger then this would fit I'm certain!

Hence, going by the same i looked at the G1 website specs and it was just over 11.05", can't remember exactly how much now but only about 0.2" bigger or something.

Associate
9 MSI Armors showing in stock - hopefully this means my MSI Aero is not far off from being booked in and shipped *closes eyes tight and wishes hard* I cannot wait to get my card and be done with this waiting game!

Associate
Just had an email that my gaming X is ready for pick up. Was 24th in the queue. Sad I won't be able to get there until tomorrow but hey ho! Excited to be off the 1080 preorder wild ride

Associate
Just had an email that my gaming X is ready for pick up. Was 24th in the queue. Sad I won't be able to get there until tomorrow but hey ho! Excited to be off the 1080 preorder wild ride

You'll be happy with it man, mine arrived today. It's as quiet and cool as the reviews say. At 1997mhz on the core and 5005mhz on the mem with the fans running at 35% it only hits 63c and thats with my case fans running at 600rpm. It's near silent.

Associate
Guys two questions, completely from a performance point of view and noise level, which is the better card to go for out of the two?

MSI Gaming X
Gigabyte G1 Gaming

Secondly, if i ordered a G1 and it didn't fit in my case, would OC change it for a different model? or do i need to go to order from amazon to allow something like this?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom