• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Associate
The Firestrike and game scores aren't close to matching up, plus they're using the Doom 3 box art for the Doom benchmark. Not too sure about that one.

Haha, I was about to say doesn't the Doom picture look too low-res for marketing material. But also good catch, it's actually Doom 3 box art even.

So yeah, this is fake peeps. Moving on...

Soldato
I think they are some very clever fakes from someone with too much time on their hands. Half of the images have very low quality images mixed in with high quality images.

Edit - oh and those firestrike score ARE the ones that videocardz supposedly leaked.

The background on this stands out the most, it is disgraceful if this was supposed to be a marketing poster.

334_576a50297e014.jpg

Same with this one, the die shrink parts of the image looks like it was just ripped from a low quality image of the slides it was originally shown in.

334_576a506689f28.jpg

Also said doom picture that people were talking about. Plus that image is from Doom 3 and not even the new doom. You can see how they edited the 3 to look like a 4.

334_576a50327bcd7.jpg

original doom 3 cover.

latest

Last edited:
Associate
Coming from a 7950 I think that the increase in performance will likely be great, and if the price is competitive then that is even better. Hopefully the supply will keep up with demand!

Associate
If it comes close to 390x I will be a happy bunny.
Quiet with 150w max consumption 1080p and 1440p free synch I will love it.

It reminds me of 5870 perfect for a gaming rig if you are not interested in epeen.

Associate
I've currently got an XFX 290DD, Asus 290 DCUII and a 970 G1 spread across 3 PCs. I only really use two of them on a regular basis, the third PC has barely been used. Thinking of selling them all and hopefully just about covering the cost, or coming close for 2 RX480 8GB. Seem like a worthwhile switch?

Back
Top Bottom