Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29682859 said:
Tefal said all the guys there voted leave.

Whole thing is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Lol weve got letters up all over the factory saying airbus will continue tk jnvest in tbe uk and has no plans to withdraw any onvestment from the site.

And like is aid before airbus doesnt have the ability to move wing manufacture out of the uk to the mainland.

It would be suicide for the comlany.

Theyve just heavily invested in new automated 320 family jigs.

Uk government and olanning permision is a bigger risk.

And south kroea.

Loads of our machining movrd to south korea because they have tarrif free trade with the eu

Soldato
But its the exactly the same kind of language used no matter what it is people dont get, from both sides.

Its the supposed moral and intellectual superiority from people (on both sides) that makes these comments so absurd.

Its just a tough ask for people to accept that they dont "know best" they just think differently.
So, let's take your reasoning, which I dont disagree with necessarily, and apply it to the situation:

UK is doing 'ok'. Not a total disaster at all, EU is not ruining us, we're not falling apart or any such thing. So...........let's let the population, none of whom really know what is best for anybody else, decide on whether to throw the entire country's future into a HUGE unknown with the *potential* for disaster?

My problem all along is that the gamble was so unnecessary and way too high-stake when things weren't going that badly beforehand. There was no desperate situation that called for this. And as you say, we're letting people who DONT know what is best make the choice. It's absurd.

And of course I am entirely bitter that I think the decision might have gone another way if not for xenophobes and racists that were pandered to. Leave supporters are completely denying this is a thing at all, but I think that's freaking ridiculous and it's patently obvious it is.

So yea, I'm frustrated and I'm not going to NOT complain about it. Democracy isn't about taking a vote and shutting up. It's not a sports match where we go, "Jolly match good fellow, maybe next time" and suck up any hard feelings because it's just a sports match at the end of the day. This could easily have deep and meaningful impacts on the lives of ordinary people, big and small.

Soldato
Lol, a separatist dedicated to breaking up a 300yr old union calls me divisive.

The lack of self awareness of the average nationalist is nothing if not hugely entertaining.

Lmao, how can I break something that is already broken?

I'm fully aware of what is going on. Thank you though for pointing out how silly you are. I am the bad guy in all of this :rolleyes: that of course applies to anyone who wants best for Scotland.

What a sad life you must lead.

Caporegime
Lol weve got letters up all over the factory saying airbus will continue tk jnvest in tbe uk and has no plans to withdraw any onvestment from the site.

And like is aid before airbus doesnt have the ability to move wing manufacture out of the uk to the mainland.

And south kroea.

Loads of our machining movrd to south korea because they have tarrif free trade with the eu

Good grief Tefal. Take a minute to spell check your posts.

Soldato
Cool cheers shall ckeep an eye on the 250 instead then.

Still annpyed with myself i sidnt buy the dollars

Bit annoyed I didn't remove the entirety of my director's loan and buy gold in December.

Looks like IAG has issued a profit warning. It seems as if us leaving the EU may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for a number of struggling businesses.

Caporegime
How is anyone going to deny an entire nation's request to be part of the EU? Practically all of Scotland voted to be a part of the EU, and they're not being allowed to.

The UK is a political Union of four countries. If the wishes of one of those countries aren't met then it sets the precident for leave referendum.

Then entire nation was aksrd and rhey said they wanted tindtay why should they be ignored?

Soldato
Time will tell but I will say this: only a fool would vote to leave an economic and political union, in a globalised world, with no succession plan and with buffoons like Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage spearheading the movement.

But look at the voting map and in particular where the Votes for 70%+ leave came from, it isn't hard to see how we ended up here. Those towns, full to the brim of disenfranchised, uneducated, unemployed were nothing before we voted leave and they will be nothing long after the productive in society clean up and move on.

Well that is an interesting point of view.

All those stupid country bumpkins eh? where would they be without the intellectual elite of London to show them how its done?

Boo hiss to country bumpkins, those straw chewing dungaree wearing inbred fools.

Soldato

And south kroea.

Don't forget the 330mrt and a400 contracts. If Airbus tries anything funny, the uk should cancel them.

Soldato
Do you think we will rebuild Hadrians wall with a big gate in it, if so we can send Sturgeon all the unwanted immigrants whilst smuggling food down to the starving English :p

Also - because public service spending per head in Scotland is higher than in England and Wales they won't be able to afford to continue with free prescriptions anymore along with other freebies allowed at the expence of the rest of us.

It might be one hell of a wall. Right down the centre of England and encompassing London like noose.

Soldato
We have to accept the result, however we won't know who was right for a while yet. Big gamble though Britain, downside much bigger than the upside - that is a fact.

Lets hope we keep all the good regulation.

Associate

I smell an agenda here as the facts contradict this report from The Independent:

FTSE250%206M.png

a) Clearly the drop is 7.08% and not 11.4%.
b) The FTSE 250 is higher than it was back in Feb 2016.

I wonder what the goal is of those who spout these incorrect figures, its like they actually want to see the country fail so they can say 'we told you so'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom