• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Gibbo, is the 1080 Xtreme still due to arrive this week?

I'm tempted to switch to the Gaming X, which is in stock and the same price, but have my heart set on the xtreme..

Associate
Hi there

So tomorrow we have this arriving:

Zotac: ALL SKU's, with plenty of 1070 Extreme spare!
KFA: ALL SKU's but only 1070 Blower spare!
Inno3D: All SKU's but pretty much everything all pre-sold!
OcUK/PNY: 1070 FE's! :)
Palit: All SKU's and plenty spare!

Of course this is depending on couriers and our warehouse booking in, tomorrow is best case, so Friday worse case.

Excellent news. Thanks :)

Associate
Hi there

Of course this is depending on couriers and our warehouse booking in, tomorrow is best case, so Friday worse case.

great news but will there be enough Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme ? My inner demon already told me I will have the card in my hands this Saturday ....

Soldato
Not sure why you have been told this. The SC cards.

This card is with the FTW units arriving Wednesday next week as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ben

Thanks for the heads up Ben, this was the message I got this morning from OCUK CS:

You're now 105th in the pre order queue and I was advised on Monday that we expect the next batch to arrive with in 10-14 working days.

Guessing this had changed since Monday, would you know if my order (i.e over 100 SC cards coming) is likely to be part of that batch?

Associate
@Gibbo is there any news regarding the Xtreme PP edition from Gigabyte?
I have been waiting for around a month now and I am just tempted to go for GLH (if it arrives soon) or even the G1. :/

Associate
Thanks for the heads up Ben, this was the message I got this morning from OCUK CS:

You're now 105th in the pre order queue and I was advised on Monday that we expect the next batch to arrive with in 10-14 working days.

Guessing this had changed since Monday, would you know if my order (i.e over 100 SC cards coming) is likely to be part of that batch?
I'm 106 so am also hoping that more than 100 cards turn up next week :)

Associate
Thanks, but now it's Wednesday next week? I thought it was coming this Friday or if late monday. No mentioned of this the last post you did

Read here ;) Mid = Wednesday

Hi guys

Stock is still leaving Far East this week, landing NL either Friday/Monday so looking at stocks into OCUK mid next week as Gibbo has been saying for a few days now. This stands for SC and FTW on 1080.

Ben

Caporegime
LOL .. anyone read this? ^^ laughing at Asus comments

To be fair EVGA gets mentioned a lot. I agree with the comments. Blaming demand, hardly shipping more than a handful and finally shipping 1000 to the uk tomorrow but only saying so cause there were rumours is a bit bad.

If a week ago Asus ahd said dont panic, there will be a 1000 by the 30th people might wait.

On the other hand, not sure how big the back order with ocuk is but at one point it was over a 1000 so 1000 to the uk in total might only clear a quarter of the backlog

Associate
To be fair EVGA gets mentioned a lot. I agree with the comments. Blaming demand, hardly shipping more than a handful and finally shipping 1000 to the uk tomorrow but only saying so cause there were rumours is a bit bad.

If a week ago Asus ahd said dont panic, there will be a 1000 by the 30th people might wait.

On the other hand, not sure how big the back order with ocuk is but at one point it was over a 1000 so 1000 to the uk in total might only clear a quarter of the backlog

Very true. This Strix saga is holding up a new system I bought over a month ago from another seller. With so many back orders and ASUS claiming it to be the best sold 1080 - I can only see these 1000 units, if evenly distributed around the UK only going so far to fulfill demand. I hope I am wrong and was told 30th June weeks ago, so fingers crossed.

and yes it may be the best sold - but i'd bet is the worst shipped so far out of the bunch. No doubt good business for ASUS but at the cost of a headache for CS at sellers and loyal customers alike.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, is the 1080 Xtreme still due to arrive this week?

I'm tempted to switch to the Gaming X, which is in stock and the same price, but have my heart set on the xtreme..

They shipping from far east this weekend, due next week, packaging is now all new and fixed, so no more damaged cards in transit. :)

Associate
Am sticking with my twin Strix order - I've got blocks on order with EK so i'm committed I guess. OTOH my blown 980 replacement is on the way back so back to 980SLI whilst I wait (and that's not bad in the absence of a big title to push them)

Associate
Hi there

MSI don't seem very communicative. Missed the 17th June stock date with no update, suddenly have a big delivery start of the week, but no Aeros with no explanation. Oh well, I'm sure stuff will turn up eventually...

Associate
I just made this for myself, thought it may be useful to others:

4sn2n4.png

Back
Top Bottom