Road Cycling

uv

uv

Soldato
glad I didn't fork out for the SM-EWW01 when I got my Ultegra Di2, as I'll definitely be getting the EW-WU111 and enjoying some synchro shifting!

Soldato
Annnnnd a slow afternoon at work results in PowerTap P1's on their way :eek:... If cashback tracks & is approved *fingers crossed* they should be cheaper than the Vector 2's.

Soldato
So more I read about di2 more and more I'm going to be plumping for ultegra di2 on my TT bike for sync shifting with the new hidden junction box and battery stuff.

Soldato
That's the name of the holding company, I guess they'll probably continue the "CRC" and "Wiggle" brands.

Ah ok. Haha. Yeah, I was wondering if they were going to keep both sites, or just move it all to one of them.

So more I read about di2 more and more I'm going to be plumping for ultegra di2 on my TT bike for sync shifting with the new hidden junction box and battery stuff.

It does seem very nice, the whole Synchro Shifting idea. Especially for TT bikes. The road.cc article about it has a nice little video of how the shifting works on the XTR Di2, it's basically the same idea, with the adjustment shift on the back when the front shifts.

Caporegime
Thank goodness for the brain stem. By the time I realised there was a driver attempting to left hook me, I was already braking and turning with it. Sadly that bit of the brain sucks at language, so the best I could manage was a couple of mouthfuls of Anglo Saxon.

Caporegime
Banging along at not far off 20mph, all of a sudden realise there's a white car turning left across my path from behind/alongside me. I pulled the brakes and fortunately didn't skid on the wet roads. They turned into the side road and I yelled obscenities. They stopped, but I didn't stick around.

I think it's the closest I've had, short of the time I actually rode into the side of a van that did the same thing to me.

I'm really not sure how you can mitigate against it. I guess the answer is to ride primary more, but then drivers get cross with that as well. Still, it's safer than them nearly killing you, I guess...

Soldato
Mrs went out tonight to drop something at a mates. Meant I could clear all my new stuff from the boot of my car in to my "bike corner" of the basement, without her seeing any of it.

I've still not worn my Mavic shoes as they're in hiding!

Soldato
Banging along at not far off 20mph, all of a sudden realise there's a white car turning left across my path from behind/alongside me. I pulled the brakes and fortunately didn't skid on the wet roads. They turned into the side road and I yelled obscenities. They stopped, but I didn't stick around.

I think it's the closest I've had, short of the time I actually rode into the side of a van that did the same thing to me.

I'm really not sure how you can mitigate against it. I guess the answer is to ride primary more, but then drivers get cross with that as well. Still, it's safer than them nearly killing you, I guess...

I had this the other day, I was alongside the car and he just signaled and turned right after and I went in to the side of his car and he was giving me abuse about it!

Back
Top Bottom