• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Polaris RX 480 Owners Thread.

Soldato
Found that turning off power Efficienty in Global setting gives me max clocks during gaming and temps are good too.

Very very impressed with this card so far, a lot of power for very little money. £180 for this is a steal.

I'm so impressed that I'm gonna use this in my main PC and pass along my GTX 1080 :p

MM bargains inbound soon :p

Last edited:
Associate
Getting some GPU down clocking in Planetary Annihilation, goes down as low as 500Mhz. Weird because games like Crysis 3 don't down-clock. Is there a way to stop down-clocking?

What are your fan settings? You will need to up the maximum to stop it hitting 85+ degrees and throttling, you also probably need to up the power target.

I currently run this: bI7CJ7e.png

Which will hover around 80 as intended, forza apex test: LadxhHj.png

*edit* not sure on img rules? Just change to hyperlinks if its a problem!

Soldato
What are your fan settings? You will need to up the maximum to stop it hitting 85+ degrees and throttling, you also probably need to up the power target.

I currently run this:
bI7CJ7e.png

Which will hover around 80 as intended, forza apex test: LadxhHj.png

*edit* not sure on img rules? Just change to hyperlinks if its a problem!

I don't have those options, just a monitoring graph. Weird...

Have you had any issues with thermals? Looking at Anandtech it doesn't seem to be as impressive as promised on heat and power compared to the 970.

Temps are fine, Been testing with Crysis 3 and Planetary Annihilation and temps are good ~75c I imagine there isn't much room on the stock cooler for overclocking temp wise, unless you pump up the fan speed. I'm running at stock, it's all good.

Soldato
Temps are fine, Been testing with Crysis 3 and Planetary Annihilation and temps are good ~75c I imagine there isn't much room on the stock cooler for overclocking temp wise, unless you pump up the fan speed. I'm running at stock, it's all good.

Thanks for your opinion :)

I'm probably going to see what the 1060 brings. Either way, I'll probably be slapping a waterblock on the card!

Soldato
I don't have those options, just a monitoring graph. Weird...

Some people have been getting 1300-1350 with a nice undervolt of 1.090V. You can also lower the volts on the ram at the same time which helps.

Some people getting 0.650-0.800 stable at stock frequency.

Soldato
Some people have been getting 1300-1350 with a nice undervolt of 1.090V. You can also lower the volts on the ram at the same time which helps.

Some people getting 0.650-0.800 stable at stock frequency.

Exactly same behaviour as my old 7950 when undervolting.
Stock 925 boost 1.18v and 0% power limit throttled to 800mhz.
Or my profiles of 1175 and 20% at 1.18v or 800mhz at 0.850v, 925mhz at 0.900v.

It barely used 100watts at 925mhz.

Associate
So guys I'm thinking of upgrading my 7970ghz to a 480 ( well that or a 1070)

Would my 3770k be a bottleneck? And has anyone tried it out in Total war warhammer?

Back
Top Bottom