10 police officers shot by snipers at BLM protest in Dallas

Associate
How can this:-

Two shooters opened fire on police near Belo Garden Park at 8:58 p.m.[14][15][16] A bystander reported hearing 50 to 75 shots.[12] Reports stated that one shooter shot at the police from an alleyway,[3] while another fired from the upper level of a parking building.[17] Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown said that at least two shooters fired ambush style at the officers.[18][19] Brown added that some of the officers were shot in the back, and that the shooters, having had some knowledge of the protest route, positioned themselves in a way to get a triangulated firing position.[16][20] Police stated that at least four snipers located on elevated positions appeared to be involved in a strategic cross-fire attack targeting the police.[21]

Become this:-

Law enforcement officials identified the shooter as 25-year-old Micah Xavier Johnson
During negotiations, Johnson said that he acted alone and was not part of any group.

Man of Honour

Two shooters opened fire on police near Belo Garden Park at 8:58 p.m.[14][15][16] A bystander reported hearing 50 to 75 shots.[12] Reports stated that one shooter shot at the police from an alleyway,[3] while another fired from the upper level of a parking building.[17] Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown said that at least two shooters fired ambush style at the officers.[18][19] Brown added that some of the officers were shot in the back, and that the shooters, having had some knowledge of the protest route, positioned themselves in a way to get a triangulated firing position.[16][20] Police stated that at least four snipers located on elevated positions appeared to be involved in a strategic cross-fire attack targeting the police.[21]

Law enforcement officials identified the shooter as 25-year-old Micah Xavier Johnson
During negotiations, Johnson said that he acted alone and was not part of any group.

Always a certain amount of confusion in those kind of situations but still - right from early on there was people claiming there was a sniper or snipers despite in the videos the angle/position of the only visible round impacts (other than the police ones) and gunshots coming from one ground location weird.

Caporegime

people in a crowd hearing gun shots are a wildly unreliable source?

where is that experiment where they had 2 police gaurd a random gate i n feild then put a story in a paper and got reports of there being dozens of polcie cars helicopters etc etc from eye witneses

Soldato
:rolleyes:

That statement is meaningless, America have a serious problem with institutionalized racism within many police forces across the country.
The Stats, figures and research clearly shows this.

*snip*

I get the message here, but I think the normalisation of the statistics is a little misleading. The "killed by police" absolute number should be presented as a function of the criminal population, i.e. those that are killed by police in the line of arrest. I realise that there are cases of police over-reacting (and thus the person being arrested is not necessarily in the middle of a criminal activity), but minority groups in the US are over-represented in crime. I also realise that this is most likely socio-economically driven, but it doesn't detract that the Guardian's "per population" is a little misleading, as it assumes that all of the sub-population groups have an equally likely chance of being arrested, which is not true.

Caporegime
Oh stat that was posted on another site just over 50% of police officers who are ahot are shot by black people.

Might make officers a little edgy.

Soldato
Black Lives Matter must now be classed as a domestic terrorist group. Was having a little read up on events: Political violence, killings, attacks, riots and a mission statement: What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!

Hopefully I'm not alone in this???

Associate
With all the reports of multiple snipers triangulating their fire using advanced techniques and people carrying big weapons out in the open during the protest i'm really surprised there were not more casualties by police shooting them etc...
Just goes to show how wrong the media can get it and what sort of information police work with in the early stages of such attacks.

Soldato
I get the message here, but I think the normalisation of the statistics is a little misleading. The "killed by police" absolute number should be presented as a function of the criminal population, i.e. those that are killed by police in the line of arrest. I realise that there are cases of police over-reacting (and thus the person being arrested is not necessarily in the middle of a criminal activity), but minority groups in the US are over-represented in crime. I also realise that this is most likely socio-economically driven, but it doesn't detract that the Guardian's "per population" is a little misleading, as it assumes that all of the sub-population groups have an equally likely chance of being arrested, which is not true.

I would say that Guardians charts were incredibly misleading as they only told one half the story, this gives an incredibly distorted outlook on law enforcement in america. Its either incredibly stupid or deliberate(more likely), either way all this does is increase the anti police sentiment and makes the problem worse, bravo Guardian.....bravo.......

Soldato
100%... Look what's happened and how many other instances of BLM supporters have gone killing, attacking etc?

The Black Lives Matter Network advocates for dignity, justice, and respect.

In the last few days, this country witnessed the recorded murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile at the hands of police, the latest victims in this country’s failed policing system. As we have done for decades, we marched and protested to highlight the urgent need to transform policing in America, to call for justice, transparency and accountability, and to demand that Black Lives Matter.

In Dallas, many gathered to do the same, joining in a day of action with friends, family, and co-workers. Their efforts were cut short when a lone gunman targeted and attacked 11 police officers, killing five. This is a tragedy–both for those who have been impacted by yesterday’s attack and for our democracy. There are some who would use these events to stifle a movement for change and quicken the demise of a vibrant discourse on the human rights of Black Americans. We should reject all of this.

Black activists have raised the call for an end to violence, not an escalation of it. Yesterday’s attack was the result of the actions of a lone gunman. To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible. We continue our efforts to bring about a better world for all of us.

BLM statement.

Because a couple of nut jobs want to be a couple of nut jobs, it doesn't really make the whole BLM movement a terrorist group.

Soldato
BLM statement.

Because a couple of nut jobs want to be a couple of nut jobs, it doesn't really make the whole BLM movement a terrorist group.

That's a strange mission statement to have considering all evidence of their activities points to exactly the opposite. Who do the BLM movement take directions from again?

No doubt there needs to be a pressure group but if they carry on with this it may be as good as a death sentence in some states.

What would happen if this was a Muslim group? I think we both know the immediate answer

Soldato
That's a strange mission statement to have considering all evidence of their activities points to exactly the opposite. Who do the BLM movement take directions from again?

No doubt there needs to be a pressure group but if they carry on with this it may be as good as a death sentence in some states.

What would happen if this was a Muslim group? I think we both know the immediate answer

The mistake you're making again is the assumption that the actions of a minority of lunatics is representative of the whole group. If the group actually did state that it wanted to kill all cops then yes, your train of thought would be understandable. The reality is it doesn't and you're just being intentionally obtuse.

Ahh, Muslims. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing this is the generic OcUK thread we all know and love. Relgion of Peas just kicked in, yo.

Im surprised it took this long for Muslims to enter the thread if I'm honest!

Back
Top Bottom