• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3D Mark Time Spy not using true A-Sync, Maxwell A-Sync switched off!

Caporegime
There there now, no tears please, it's a waste of good suffering :D

EDIT:

Almost forgot, everyone please behave yourselves because the almighty chips has arrived!!!

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
You mean it's favouring AMD by not utilising FL12_1 (and making GCN run them in software... hmmm). Welp, I'm glad we have got that all sorted, might as well close this thread up now. :)

To answer that question they should have thrown in the lot. As it stands it's not very futuristic and is just about current but not futuristic. I would not care which vendor came out on top if this happened as it's supposedly going to be in future games. Who ever came out behind would have to suck it up and improve.

Associate
Given how mental certain parts of the internet have gone over something they have convinced themselves of, if FM had gone full 12_1 I predict complete and utter meltdown would have occurred.

Permabanned
What i have learn in forums is that when Nvidia wins in games performance or benchmark is due to developers fault, nvidia shady practices, gameworks fault, bad coding, unoptimize engine, Nvidia bribing with developer. However, when AMD wins ,which is rare due to their superior hardware and architecture.

Permabanned
The reason i quit buying AMD is due to double standard. Some people will not complain on this and give another BS reason of AMD superiority.
q5uDLJv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're not implementing the latest and supported DX12 feature set, how can you claim it's a DX12 benchmark? It's simple as that.

This is how.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2480259&page=2

Average consumers take it REALLY badly if a new benchmark says "you can't run it on your brand new (well, 3 year old) system because of X". This also directed to supporting FL11. On CPU test we took a "bold step" of requiring SSSE3 and.. uuh.. I've apologized today already to four customers that no, their Phenom II or Opteron can't run the test.

So I'd say Time Spy is a legit tool that will reflect how games could perform when a pure DX12 engine targets the most widely used hardware base (ie, DX12 FL11)

It is actually somewhat similar to how 3DMark 11 vs. 3DMark Fire Strike tested DX11. You could say that Time Spy is the "3DMark 11" or "Sky Diver" for DX12. Doesn't try to use every possible feature, aims to measure the common use case. Fire Strike went way further with DX11 and is still probably more complex/advanced than just about any DX11 game out there.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So whats the double standard.

90% of time AMD PR cries, insult developers, bad coding, evil gameworks, blaming Nvidia for AMD failure when ever Nvidia is owning AMD in a benchmark or game.
I do not buy AMD products, because they cannot find a solution to their problems and instead they cry and blame their competitor for their failure.

Last edited:
Soldato
90% of time AMD PR cries, insult developers, bad coding, evil gameworks, blaming Nvidia for AMD failure when ever Nvidia is owning AMD in a benchmark or game.
I will never join a company ,which cannot find a solution to their problems and instead they cry and blame their competitor for their failure.

Yet they have found away around everyone of these problems. You better get your wallet out for an AMD card. Nvidia still haven't got around Async properly by the looks of it so you better ditch them fast as that's been a while now they have been saying it's coming.

Permabanned
Yet they have found away around everyone of these problems. You better get your wallet out for an AMD card. Nvidia still haven't got around Async properly by the looks of it so you better ditch them fast as that's been a while now they have been saying it's coming.

Does it matter?

They still cannot win from a weaker hardware on DX12.

Associate

But when you skip one of the MAJOR features of the new API because it might downgrade performance or not run at all on one of the vendors, things start to look suspicious. As Ashes showed before and Doom is showing with Vulkan now, proper async compute (with true parallelism) will be part of most of the new engines and games, so it doesn't make any sense for a benchmark which is reference in this industry to just not use it.

Does it matter?

Who's talking about winning? Most gamers don't care if their card pushes 100fps+, this e-peen contest is just for a portion of overclockers. They just want something that perform good for an affordable price, and this is what DX12/Vulkan is all about, bringing acceptable performance for the masses. Async compute is one of those things in the new APIs that help with that. So yes, it does matter.

Last edited:
Associate
But when you skip one of the MAJOR features of the new API because it might downgrade performance or not run at all on one of the vendors, things start to look suspicious. As Ashes showed before and Doom is showing with Vulkan now, proper async compute (with true parallelism) will be part of most of the new engines and games, so it doesn't make any sense for a benchmark which is reference in this industry to just not use it.

... dramatic music playing ... yup, just reached lvl 2. Let's see how high it gets.

Soldato
Does it matter?

Just because they have a weaker dx12 architecture does not mean to say they have weaker hardware. The 1080 is clearly the fastest Gpu on the planet atm. It's pure speed makes up for any weakness it may have on next generation api's. The Fury X is not so far behind in some games using Dx12 and Vulkan. Imagine what a Vega is going to do in these games.

Any how Nvidia clearly have the top end to themselves atm.

Any how this thread is about the feature set off this new test. I think Future mark could have made this bench a bit more dx12 and less dx11. We have enough dx11 benchmarks. I wanted to see how the best perform not how even they are. Through the lot in and let them fight it out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just because they have a weaker dx12 architecture does not mean to say they have weaker hardware. The 1080 is clearly the fastest Gpu on the planet atm. It's pure speed makes up for any weakness it may have on next generation api's. The Fury X is not so far behind in some games using Dx12 and Vulkan. Imagine what a Vega is going to do in these games.

I was just about to say, he posted a screenshot of a Fury-X killing a 980TI and 95% the performance of a 1080.

Thats what proper A-sync does.

Vega will kill the 1080 stone dead.

Permabanned

Nvidia will always remain best at high end parts with a heavy price demand. When Nvidia will be releasing GTX 1080 TI then AMD will only be competing with GTX 1080.

Permabanned
I was just about to say, he posted a screenshot of a Fury-X killing a 980TI and 95% the performance of a 1080.

Thats what proper A-sync does.

Vega will kill the 1080 stone dead.

Yes after 7-9 months releasing a competitor of GTX 1080 , it will finally beat GTX 1080, however at that time Nvidia will be launching GTX Titan (pascal) and GTX 1080 Ti.

Back
Top Bottom