• Continue arguing my opinion whenever it comes up

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Get out before things get hairy

Votes: 143 50.5%
  • Pancake

Votes: 69 24.4%

• Total voters
Associate
But seriously one thing that does bother me is that crime is not treated equally for example a female teacher sleeps with a 13 year old student on a regular basis gets caught sentenced to 200 hours community service. Male teacher does the exact same thing gets ordered to sign a sex offenders list branded as a peadofile and given 5-10years in prison when he will be molested himself.

Surely they should both have their life's taken away and ruined equally.

I have thought the same thing with the recent cases. Both have done the same thing why does one get a much lighter sentence based on what sex they are. I believe there have been a few cases where recently the crimes were much worse from what the women did in comparison and got a very light sentence. Crazy really!

Caporegime
That's not what feminism promotes these days.

Agreed. When I get called a sexist pig for holding a door open for a woman and have to face a torrent of abuse for just having manners (i hold doors open for men too), feminism has gone too far.

A lot of feminists don;t want equality with men, they want positive discrimination to make up for all the years when men were in charge.

Equality would be fine, making it swing the other way isnt. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Man of Honour
I've never understood the need to insist on a particular point of view. Unless it's business or you're a politician, life's too short to be petty - it doesn't actually matter who is right most of the time.

Just disagree in a light hearted way.

Man of Honour
Agreed. When I get called a sexist pig for holding a door open for a woman and have to face a torrent of abuse for just having manners (i hold doors open for men too), feminism has gone too far.

A lot of feminists don;t want equality with men, they want positive discrimination to make up for all the years when men were in charge.

Equality would be fine, making it swing the other way isnt. Two wrongs dont make a right.

lol did that actually happen?!?

Associate

SOME feminists don;t want equality with men, they want positive discrimination to make up for all the years when men were in charge.

FTFY.

Anecdotal evidence of bad experiences you've had with nasty people doesn't justify your view that all feminists are the same.

Just like not all Catholic Priests and TV presenters from the 80s are paedos. Generalisations don't help anybody. And they don't solve the problem.

Soldato

I've never, ever witnessed this or anything like this happen to me, or anyone in my vicinity.

Caporegime
lol did that actually happen?!?

If it did, then I've changed my views and all women are men haters.

/s

Or, you know.....just another horrible person among the populace.

I hold doors open all the time for people and have only ever been

A) Thanked
or
B) Ignored

Anyone who doesn't have the courtesy to say thanks is rude and probably not very nice...but I try not to generalise :D

Man of Honour
I have actually been called 'the raper of all children' on a train when I pointed out that a ladies umbrella was almost hitting other passengers as she walked... everyone was completely wtf!!

... I think she was actually mental though. I've seen her several times in Bristol and last time she recognised me and chased me with her umbrella doing the 'hukka' :(

Caporegime
FTFY.

Anecdotal evidence of bad experiences you've had with nasty people doesn't justify your view that all feminists are the same.

Just like not all Catholic Priests and TV presenters from the 80s are paedos. Generalisations don't help anybody. And they don't solve the problem.

Granted but if you have been sexually abused by a catholic priest your image of them is going to be biased by it?

Caporegime
3 before it's too late.......

2jfbn1z.jpg

Caporegime
If it did, then I've changed my views and all women are men haters.

/s

Or, you know.....just another horrible person among the populace.

I hold doors open all the time for people and have only ever been

A) Thanked
or
B) Ignored

Anyone who doesn't have the courtesy to say thanks is rude and probably not very nice...but I try not to generalise :D

Agreed. And it doesn't apply to all feminists/people. But the issue here is that feminism has been hijacked and its not about equality now, its about women having more/better rights than men to compensate for the decades when they didn't.

Same in sports. Why should women get the same prize money as men when they play two sets less? I dont get paid as much as the guy who works 10 hours a week more than me.

Caporegime
Granted but if you have been sexually abused by a catholic priest your image of them is going to be biased by it?

Yes, i'm sure it would be.

You appear to be equating being abused by a priest and suffering 5 seconds of abuse from a psycho for holding a door open would give you equal reason for bias...

Associate
No they arent all the same. Just pointing out that some have twisted it and taken it to extremes. A lot in fact.
I'm sorry to have to repeat myself but again, you're taking a single bad experience and suggesting that it applies to a greater proportion than it does in reality. You have no basis or proof for saying "A lot in fact". And I would disagree that it is "A lot". Just the minority spoiling it for the majority like always.

Caporegime
I'm sorry to have to repeat myself but again, you're taking a single bad experience and suggesting that it applies to a greater proportion than it does in reality. You have no basis or proof for saying "A lot in fact". And I would disagree that it is "A lot". Just the minority spoiling it for the majority like always.

Okay take Theresa May. She is doing positive discrimination is selecting more women to cabinet. Only 25% of Tory Mps are women (for a variety of reasons) so to try and make the cabinet a pure 50/50 split means you are not putting the best person for job in that position and that somebody will get the job purely because she is a woman and wont do it as well as one of her male colleagues.

Why is that a good thing? Shouldnt it be a case of encouraging more women to go into politics so we have a 50/50 split in parliament before you select your cabinet from it?

Back
Top Bottom