• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
I'm not fussing too much about using mine till I get the block. Pushing the envolope, these cards get piping hot.

Can you post up on whether you find any 'warranty' seals which you need to break when fitting, be interested to know if its going to be possible to fit the block and 'maintain the warranty'. Cheers!

Associate
Am thinking about moving from my water-cooled GTX 980 Ti SLI setup to a single Titan X pascal. Should I? I'm really losing faith in SLI support.

Shame that EK dont have the backplates ready to go at the same time as the waterblocks. I would not order yet on that basis as I've no intention of taking my rig apart twice.

Will stay with my G-Sync 1440p 144Hz panel for now as I really like gaming above 60Hz, think I'll wait for Titan X Volta before I switch to 4k, there should also be 4k panels then >60Hz.

Is there any point in keeping a GTX 980 Ti as a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card or will the Titan X handle all that just fine?

Soldato
It's a tough one, if your 980Ti's are running standard clocks then it will be a upgrade, if you have them running at 1500mhz+ it's a side step, which 2 cards vs just the one is still insane. So all you will gain really is the smoothness of running one card if SLI is working correctly in the game your playing, if it isn't lets face it SLI isn't always supported straight away then a TXP will be a massive upgrade.

Personally single most fastest card win's hands down.

Associate
It's a tough one, if your 980Ti's are running standard clocks then it will be a upgrade, if you have them running at 1500mhz+ it's a side step, which 2 cards vs just the one is still insane. So all you will gain really is the smoothness of running one card if SLI is working correctly in the game your playing, if it isn't lets face it SLI isn't always supported straight away then a TXP will be a massive upgrade.

Personally single most fastest card win's hands down.

Yeah my cards are OC'd to 1400Mhz and from looking at the reviews the TX when overclocked will be basically equal to what I get now if SLI is well supported.

My thinking was by making the change, I'd be getting this performance on all titles as there would be no more dependency on SLI support. SLI support seems to have gotten steadily worse over the last few years.

A single card solution is very tempting...

Soldato
Coming second on a forum benchmark thread, that was definitely worth £1100

:D

Yeah and he's running a CPU far superior to mine. :)
Going to return my card now!

Yeah my cards are OC'd to 1400Mhz and from looking at the reviews the TX when overclocked will be basically equal to what I get now if SLI is well supported.

My thinking was by making the change, I'd be getting this performance on all titles as there would be no more dependency on SLI support. SLI support seems to have gotten steadily worse over the last few years.

A single card solution is very tempting...

Not just that but the minimum FPS on the TXP are way way higher than anything else, so on future demanding titles your covered.

Caporegime
Congrats Born :D

By the time I get my card set up, the top 10 will be full of results all with faster cpus than me....oh well. Didnt buy it to benchmark, those days of spending hours tweaking every last bit of performance and spending all my evenings running benchmark after benchmark just to get hwbot records are long gone.

Think I won 6 trophies though. I was lucky in that not only did i have a good clocking gpu but i had a golden Q9650 which could benchmark under water at 5Ghz!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
I checked my bank account and see less than £900 was taken for my Titan X.... turned out I had £260 sitting in my paypal account :D ...err bonus

Soldato
Congrats Born :D

By the time I get my card set up, the top 10 will be full of results all with faster cpus than me....oh well. Didnt buy it to benchmark, those days of spending hours tweaking every last bit of performance and spending all my evenings running benchmark after benchmark just to get hwbot records are long gone.

Think I won 6 trophies though. I was lucky in that not only did i have a good clocking gpu but i had a golden Q9650 which could benchmark under water at 5Ghz!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers :D
Yeah I'm not into benching only for stability on max O/C's it's all about running this years AAA titles maxed out for me.

I checked my bank account and see less than £900 was taken for my Titan X.... turned out I had £260 sitting in my paypal account :D ...err bonus

How do you forget about that, soon as I have 10p in my paypal I rip it outta there. :)

Associate

Free money :D

You'll enjoy the Titan all the more now ;)

I'm still resisting, had sli OG Titans a Titan black and now a Maxwell Titan, saving up for a house deposit so can't justify a Pascal Titan :(:mad:

Back
Top Bottom