• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
I ordered the EK waterblock, do I NEED to get a back plate too? My GPU is on a riser facing forward so you can't see the back, however I do need to achieve the best temps I can get..

In the case of 1080's you could use nvidia backplate using the nvidia screws instead of ek screws...

I have it installed on my 1080 that way...

27345419241_1d1969f6c9_k.jpg

Associate
Be honest with me.

How hot and loud do these things run? If I'm right they should run just look the Maxwell Titan X or a reference 980 Ti?

I'm about to buy this because I'm tired of waiting for my 1080 to arrive.

Associate
Just saw reviews. Runs too hot and loud for my liking. Not prepared to watercool right away either since I'm too lazy to custom loop it plus I've never done it before.

Associate
Is there a currently available AIO solution which will cool these cards? I've very tempted to go full water cooling in my new build, but have never done it before so I'm wondering whether AIO coolers might be the sweet spot for me.

Associate
Is there a currently available AIO solution which will cool these cards? I've very tempted to go full water cooling in my new build, but have never done it before so I'm wondering whether AIO coolers might be the sweet spot for me.

No there isn't. If there was I would buy the Titan XP right now. Many people have asked on the EVGA forums if one is in the works and EVGA's product manager Jacob said it's one to two months away.

Soldato
It won't be faster, might be a custom binned card that will give it a run but I expect a good clocking TXP to still kick its butt!

Depends. Quite a few 980Ti's were faster than TX's generally clocking better. Especially on air with AIB coolers vs ref.

Even clock-clock they were within 5% of each other. Not exactly kicking it's butt :p

If this is true and a 1080Ti to release soon I might wait and grab Ti's instead.

Who knows nvidia might do a 780Ti on us and release a 3840 core Ti at a cheaper price hence the early TXP release. For one thing the TXP is a cut down chip.

I think for sure nvidia will release something as the TXP is a deep learning card and apparently not aimed at gamers only. Might even be a new chip all together.

Last edited:
Associate
Who knows nvidia might do a 780Ti on us and release a 3840 core Ti at a cheaper price hence the early TXP release. For one thing the TXP is a cut down chip.

They've always released the Ti cards in response to something though. Right now they have no competition and it's extremely unlikely Vega will compete with this level of performance altogether. But maybe I'm wrong and Nvidia are waiting for precisely this to happen in early 2017 when those cards are likely to be released.

Soldato
They've always released the Ti cards in response to something though. Right now they have no competition and it's extremely unlikely Vega will compete with this level of performance altogether. But maybe I'm wrong and Nvidia are waiting for precisely that to happen in early 2017 when those cards are probably going to be released.

True but at the minute I think they are just throwing everything out. Absolutely no high end competition from AMD what so ever.

They can release a 1080Ti at a lower price range to TXP and know enthusiasts looking for more perf over 1080 will pay a little more for it.

The more choices they get out now, the more people will buy. Not even giving AMD a chance to respond here as vega is miles off and won't compete with 1080 never mind Titan or Ti.

Caporegime
Agreed! That's why I'm trying to hold off. Titan release this early certainly suggests a newer more powerful card soon to follow.

As much as I might regret this purchase if a full blown titan with hbm2 comes out at chrismas and cut down ti with hbm2 comes out as well, thats 5 months away and I want to play now. And then you will know that the 1180 will only be 5 months after that and the 1180 titan a few months after again. Plus they are meant to be the next massive jump, pascal is just an infill that didnt even exist on the roadmap until a few years ago. I can easily see the 1180 next year ripping the current titan to shreds for half the money.

Been itching to upgrade for a year. If I hadn't had to wait for my 1080s for two months probably wouldn't have bought the titan though lol.

So I will take my 60fps 4k now and be prepared to lose half its money when the 1180 comes out next year.

Back
Top Bottom