• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
The only problem I have with software support is the lack of VSR for 21:9 monitors. Though I guess the fury will probably end up dying if it tries to do 4K 21:9 VSR on a QHD monitor, but you never know it probably can hold up in some of the less demanding games.

Associate
Nasha: Pretty much sums up my experience with the Fury X wich I bought right after release.
I put an EK fullcover waterblock on it. It has been a completely silent card that runs cooler under load than most cards run idle.

Drivers have been great. With more and more DX12 titles appearing i feel reassured that the decicion for the Fury X and against the 980Ti was the right one.

Associate
i have nearly had my fury for a year and was just looking to see if it was worth upgrading to something new as i usually replace my gfx card after a year but i am struggling to part with the fury . i've not had a single issue with this card so i was wondering how many have gone from the fury and if so what did they go for ?

Soldato
My Nitro was stable at 1150/550 with +75mV and +50% power limit. Without extra voltage it'd do 1100/550 though, and the gains were so tiny that the extra voltage didn't seem worth it.

Associate
Well I managed to find a B Stock one from ******** (Asus FURY X) for £330. What a bargain. There was no box or anything, but the card works and clocks up to 1125/525 without voltage adjustments.

Don't tell the missus, but I've now just ordered a second from ebay (Sapphire FURX X) for £400 am hoping to crossfire them babies up.

I'm running 4k eyefinity on 3 x Iiyama GB2888UHSU.

Will let you know how that works out!!! :)

Associate
Mine will do 1080/550, anything higher gives artifacting and voltage doesn't seem to help. Still very happy with the performance at 3440 21:9. I have now bought a freesync monitor so I guess I'm waiting for Vega!

Associate
I'm thinking of buying a Fury Nitro, but there are two versions, one's core clock is 1020Mhz and the other is 1050Mhz. Is there any difference between these two cards, other than the stock clock speed? For example, will the OC+ (1050) version likely overclock better?

Soldato
I'm thinking of buying a Fury Nitro, but there are two versions, one's core clock is 1020Mhz and the other is 1050Mhz. Is there any difference between these two cards, other than the stock clock speed? For example, will the OC+ (1050) version likely overclock better?
There's really no way of knowing without an inside insight into Sapphire's binning and testing process. Not to mention the inherent silicon lottery of each individual chip. You're probably giving yourself the best chance of a good overclock with the OC+ model, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if there's a large price difference.

Associate

Apparently the chips that weren't good enough to be Fury-Xs are the Furies.

Anyway, unless you're getting it really cheap, you should be looking to the 980ti/1070, or, if you can wait, waiting for new AMD cards to balance the market.

In particular, the Gigabyte reference 1070 (£400) comes with a free Gears of War 4 code (flog that for £20) and a 750W Gold rated modular PSU (flog that for £60-70 maybe?).

It's basically a £320 1070.

Caporegime
There's really no way of knowing without an inside insight into Sapphire's binning and testing process. Not to mention the inherent silicon lottery of each individual chip. You're probably giving yourself the best chance of a good overclock with the OC+ model, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if there's a large price difference.

Apparently they're pretty maxed out at 1050, even getting another 10Mhz can be hard work!

Soldato
Apparently they're pretty maxed out at 1050, even getting another 10Mhz can be hard work!
My Nitro did 1120/550 on stock voltage and 1150/550 with voltage and power limit maxed in TriXX, although I never actually tried to push it beyond that before I sold it. Of course, maybe that was an exceptional chip (no extra shaders to unlock though, sadly).

Yep my tri x won't go over 1050
From what I can gather, the Nitro is the best overclocker of any of the Fury cards. It did release six months after the others, so maybe benefitted from some maturation somewhere, or perhaps simply a better design. It has a custom PCB, whereas the Tri-X is a reference board.

Last edited:
Associate
Apparently the chips that weren't good enough to be Fury-Xs are the Furies.

Anyway, unless you're getting it really cheap, you should be looking to the 980ti/1070, or, if you can wait, waiting for new AMD cards to balance the market.

In particular, the Gigabyte reference 1070 (£400) comes with a free Gears of War 4 code (flog that for £20) and a 750W Gold rated modular PSU (flog that for £60-70 maybe?).

It's basically a £320 1070.

I bought a freesync monitor though, so I'm tied into AMD. Currently running an old 290X but it runs too hot, and I've repasted it a few times. Would just like a more quieter and cooler card. That sounds like a cracking deal though.

los

los

Associate
My Nitro did 1120/550 on stock voltage and 1150/550 with voltage and power limit maxed in TriXX, although I never actually tried to push it beyond that before I sold it. Of course, maybe that was an exceptional chip (no extra shaders to unlock though, sadly)
What voltage did you have to add? Also what were your max temps? Also do you know the max safe temps? I know my airflow isn't great as have rads just wanted a comparison really
Cheers

Soldato
What voltage did you have to add? Also what were your max temps? Also do you know the max safe temps? I know my airflow isn't great as have rads just wanted a comparison really
Cheers
I just went all the way up in TriXX, which I believe is +75mV. I think there's a way to unlock all the way up to +200mV through editing files, but I never tried that. Some people report good success with undervolting too, but I got a hard lock instantly even with -12mV at 1050MHz. I'm not sure about max safe temperatures, but mine never went above the low 70s even when overclocked and overvolted, and still remained extremely quiet. I did have to set a custom fan curve though, as WattMan insists on interfering with default fan curves via its target temperature number. I've seen reviewers complaining about it in RX 480 reviews too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom