Windows 10

Soldato
Seeing as those a 3rd party USB3 controllers (renesas), try getting drivers direct from them. Given it says Microsoft in brackets at the end means you're using the drivers built in to windows which are usually substandard compared to proper manufacturer ones.
Thanks for the reply! It seems weird though that one controller is still working and on the same driver?

I can't appear to find any Windows 10 drivers for Renesas :(

Soldato
Is this maybe suggesting a hardware fault?

123.jpg

Soldato
Yep, says best driver software is already installed :(

That just means windows doesn't have any official drivers, not that they are the best/most recent from the manufacturers. Check the version numbers.

On my Z87 machine, Win 10 insists there are no better drivers than Microsoft's version 1.0 USB drivers. With a bit of fiddling about it's fairly easy to install the proper Intel drivers that worked fine before the anniversary update and are much newer and with more speed/features.

Soldato
That just means windows doesn't have any official drivers, not that they are the best/most recent from the manufacturers. Check the version numbers.

On my Z87 machine, Win 10 insists there are no better drivers than Microsoft's version 1.0 USB drivers. With a bit of fiddling about it's fairly easy to install the proper Intel drivers that worked fine before the anniversary update and are much newer and with more speed/features.
Bah! So this is all since the Anniversary update? That would be about right actually, USB 3.0 definitely worked before then for me...

So, looking at the working hub:

123.jpg

Would I be right in thinking I need something with the ID 0194?

Thanks again!

Man of Honour
AU update isn't even being pushed to my tablet at the moment (not just because of staggered roll out - it can't be installed from media either) due to serious issues with USB3 drivers that stop the device booting entire heh. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck on 1511 on that device for quite awhile.

Soldato
AU update isn't even being pushed to my tablet at the moment (not just because of staggered roll out - it can't be installed from media either) due to serious issues with USB3 drivers that stop the device booting entire heh. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck on 1511 on that device for quite awhile.
I'm thinking I might need to roll back at this rate... I can't afford to be without USB 3.0 :(

Is a big rollback like that easy?

I've just tried to shift a could on .image files (400gb) on 2.0 and it was excruciating in comparison!

Soldato
Post details....;)

So what you need to do is copy all of the program shortcuts from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ and/or C:\Users\myName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\

I can't remember the exact details but hopefully one or both of those steps will do the trick :)

Let me know how it goes / which worked, assuming you haven't already resolved.

Last edited:
Associate
It seems intermittent.

It's the above, but I also get empty dialog windows, programs not working sometimes. This seems to be solved (or at least it was before), by using a profile in MSI Afterburner. That just seems bizarre, because I don't even have to change anything, just use a profile. Seems like it is something to do with GFX, but what I am not sure of.

I finally found somewhere else on MS feedback site that they were talking about it, and it has been going on for months.

Has this been resolved? I have got it sionce updating to 1607

EDIT: It was the drivers. I installed 372.54 iusse gone. The aniv update must have changed the drivers

Last edited:
Associate
I have just finished with a fresh install of windows 10 as I was determined to find the source of the freezing issue, as I began to reinstall my programs I hit the issue again. For me it was the Asus AI suite causing it. I've uninstalled and the issue has disappeared.

Associate
I have just finished with a fresh install of windows 10 as I was determined to find the source of the freezing issue, as I began to reinstall my programs I hit the issue again. For me it was the Asus AI suite causing it. I've uninstalled and the issue has disappeared.

I rebooted today issue came back. Unistalled AI BOOM. Issue gone.

Associate

Have you got Corsair Link installed?

Associate
Is anyone else having issues with the latest Nvidia driver + GeForce Experience software with Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

It seems to work fine once driver is installed but when you reboot the taskbar freezes and Chrome is just a black screen for me. Only fix is to uninstall the driver. I've now completely uninstalled the GeForce Experience and driver and allowed Windows to download latest driver automatically.

Seems to work ok now. Just means can't use GeForce Experience for now. I'm not missing it though must say. The in built Windows 10 Game DVR is actually rather good and a nice alternative to Shadowplay.

Soldato
Seems to work ok now. Just means can't use GeForce Experience for now. I'm not missing it though must say. The in built Windows 10 Game DVR is actually rather good and a nice alternative to Shadowplay.
It is nice, but with my AMD card it typically results in distorted corrupted videos :(

Back
Top Bottom