Titanfall 2

Associate
:eek: Whats happened to the pc buying crowd, £37 for a game off a key site isn't a good deal at all regardless of what origin are trying to punt it for. £20-25 fair enough.

If you want the game and that the cheapest then i guess its better than paying full price, supply and demand,

it was £27 on cdkeys but the increase their prices as it gets to release date and then hold if in demand.

Soldato
PC games have taken a price hike over the last 12 months or so, slowly creeping up to console levels only we cant sell them on or trade them in like you can on the console. Its been on the cards for a while now, shame really.

Soldato
Haven't touched the SP yet, but the MP is fantastic. Didn't like it at first but when you learn the maps a bit, and the ways in which you can get around them, it gets very good! Glad to be back playing Titanfall, and good to have an alternative to BF1 (that, plus the everlasting Rocket League..i feel spoilt!).

Soldato
If you want the game and that the cheapest then i guess its better than paying full price, supply and demand,

it was £27 on cdkeys but the increase their prices as it gets to release date and then hold if in demand.

I bought at the beginning of September and it was £29.99

Prices are on the up generally and the exchange rate likely isn't helping as I bet all games are priced in dollars then converted into local currencies.

Only played SP so far as I'm waiting for my usual MP cohorts to buy it so we can play and progress together. Assuming there's no way to do a full reset on your MP - levels et al?

Oh, and it's utterly immense at 3440x1440, as is BF1. Never gaming on anything but an ultrawide ever again!

Last edited:
Soldato
Going back to BF1 after a couple of hours of this makes me feel like I'm running in treacle, the movement is soooo slow.

Shame the ultra wide isn't perfect with the mini map etc.. not being in the correct location.

It's still pretty damn good though and a different world from 16:9

BF1 is the closest I've seen to perfect on 21:9 thus far.

Associate
:eek: Whats happened to the pc buying crowd, £37 for a game off a key site isn't a good deal at all regardless of what origin are trying to punt it for. £20-25 fair enough.

The origin price is 60 Euros, the key sites are 40. Are you telling me saving 33% on something isn't a good deal? It's exactly the same product, there's no difference.

And if you want to play TF2 right now you either pay 60 Euros or 40, regardless of what you think should be paid. I know which I'd prefer

Associate
I paid £29.99 on the 7th Oct.
I always forget to check the key sites but didn't this time :)

Won't be buying BF1 after the dissapointments that were Hardline and Battlefront. Unless it's mega cheap.

Soldato
The origin price is 60 Euros, the key sites are 40. Are you telling me saving 33% on something isn't a good deal? It's exactly the same product, there's no difference.

And if you want to play TF2 right now you either pay 60 Euros or 40, regardless of what you think should be paid. I know which I'd prefer

No its not a good deal at all as games used to cost the full price on Origin but key sites would have them for around £25 give or take a few quid. Prices in general have been on the rise on the pc for a while now and seem to hold their value for longer.

£37 for a pc game from a key site is a high price regardless of what Origin are charging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom