**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
I thought i was one of the only people still running this board. Its still rock solid with my 3770 running at 4.5ghz and I cant see any need to upgrade it soon.

Associate
Im still running the same board with a 3570k & its been generally ok despite the odd hiccups with it.

Same setup here, smooth sailing @4.5GHz for the last 4.5 years.

Gigabyte was my previous board too and will probably be my next when the time comes.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks @Gradius

Im still running my 3570k on this board, overall its been pretty good with the odd hiccup & going on 4 yrs old now,
I was going to upgrade to an i7 6700k or a i7 7700k if they were good enough but think i'll hold off for another year at least.

Associate
I've got the UD3H, only issue i have is the top USB on the board are moody. Sometimes work, sometimes don't. Only since upgrading to Win 10.

Still solid after 4 years. Wondering if it's actually worth going for the 7700k in Jan?

Associate
Is anyone booting from an NVMe drive on this board?

I’ve got a Samsung 970EVO on a PCIe card in the second slot which I’m currently using just as a storage drive in windows 7, no problems.

I now want to install windows 10 on the NVMe and boot from it. I read on other forums that BIOS 16j has NVMe support so I flashed that but can’t see the NVMe drive in the BIOS, are there any particular configuration options I need to set?

Whole setup still plugging away like a champ more than 6 years after purchase!

Soldato
Is anyone booting from an NVMe drive on this board?

I’ve got a Samsung 970EVO on a PCIe card in the second slot which I’m currently using just as a storage drive in windows 7, no problems.

I now want to install windows 10 on the NVMe and boot from it. I read on other forums that BIOS 16j has NVMe support so I flashed that but can’t see the NVMe drive in the BIOS, are there any particular configuration options I need to set?

Whole setup still plugging away like a champ more than 6 years after purchase!

You'll see an entry for Windows boot manager in the boot device list after intalling w10 on the ssd in UEFI mode.

I have a mATX Gigabyte z77 board and had to mod the bios to be able to boot from an OEM nvme drive. I don't think you'll have to do that with the 970 though.

Associate
Associate
guys, anybody with 1080 card here? i cant get a stable post :( hanging at gigabite uefi dualbios screen most of the time with db post code. sometimes after cmos reset or just some power-offs\on it starts ok. maybe someone knows the trick to fix that?

Back
Top Bottom